Most days in late February of 2012 has produced a sky in constant motion.
Some days I think it's going to clear and have mostly blue skies.
I'll keep shooting the sky because the clouds are moving so fast in new directions.
But the sky fooled me and started getting grayer.
It's hard to know what will happen.
Then bam a hard cold rain begins to fall.
Another day was beautiful after a hard rain during the night.
It wouldn't have surprised me if the weather had changed fast with more clouds moving in.
I was in luck and our walk was clear sailing, so to speak.
I can't remember a better month for sky watching, in spite of gray skies mixing in for part of many of the days.
I also lucked out with some nights that were good for moon and planet viewing.
I think the moon above looks like a big banana.
Hard to believe but the day I took the next two bright blue sky shots ended up with an evening shower. Most nights this February when it's well below freezing it clears up but on the nights when it's above freezing it rains.
It does seem like the fronts keep moving in and out very fast.
I've caught a few sunsets although many nights have been too overcast for a sunset.
I wonder what March will bring.
Click for the home of SkyWatch Friday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
Thursday, March 1, 2012
- ► 2013 (89)
- The Weekend in Black and White: Dogwood Blossoms
- SkyWatch Friday: Blooms, clouds, blue
- ABC Wednesday: K is for kolkwitzia
- Our World Tuesday: late March
- The Weekend in Black and White: Drive by Shot
- SkyWatch Friday: So much to look at this time of t...
- ABC Wednesday: J is for Jars
- Our World Tuesday: Spring Marches on
- The Weekend in Black and White: Early Morning
- SkyWatch Friday: Much to See
- ABC Wednesday: Interred
- Our World Tuesday: This and that
- The Weekend in Black and White: through the screen...
- SkyWatch Friday: Early March Skies
- ABC Wednesday: H is for Horse
- Our World Tuesday: February ending March beginnin...
- The Weekend in Black and White: Lap Lane
- SkyWatch Friday: End of February Skies
- ▼ March 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (202)
- ► 2009 (206)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (149)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (145)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (10)
- flowers (118)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (144)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (81)
- P (6)
- photo walk (379)
- plants (95)
- purple day epilepsy (2)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (404)
- SkyWatch Friday (243)
- T (6)
- That's My World (186)
- The weekend in black and White (148)
- trees (443)
- U (6)
- V (6)
- vacation (127)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (6)
- water (315)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.