Translate

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Today's Flowers: Spring





Spring has sprung in my neck of the woods but we continue to have wide weather swings which are hard on early flowers.


today's flowers DSCN8041

Above is a shot of my second variety of daffodils to bloom and below is what happened within the space of 4 days.

todayflowDSCN8269

The rest of the shots are flower I photographed on neighborhood walks. My crocuses like the one below bloomed earlier than my neighbor's crocus so nice to enjoy their flower.

todayflowDSCN8181

Many solid yellow daffodils were hit by our first weather swing so I was glad to see the ones below that bloomed a little later.
todayflowDSCN8185

 A few hours after taking the next two shots a hard rain followed by a cold night did some damage.

todayflowDSCN8197

Because of the mix of weather I am making sure to photograph flowers I always enjoy as soon as they start to bloom.

todayflowDSCN8201 

The next shot is of my next door neighbor's flowers.

todayflowDSCN8214

More and more trees are beginning to bud and flower.
todayflowDSCN8256

At this point is doesn't matter what the weather does, spring is coming to central North Carolina where I live ready or not.

todayflowDSCN8287

12 comments:

Mascha said...

So nice the Daffodils over last year's brown leaves. Spring is a lovely time!

EG CameraGirl said...

So gorgeous! I very much love spring bulbs in flower!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous flowers! We're getting more snow again. :(

lina@womens perspectives said...

Wonderful blooms.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I wish I'd had a digital camera when we lived in Oregon in the Spring. I could have saved some of my daffodils forever -- sometimes they only lasted a few days at their peak. The blue sky over the flowering limbs really says approaching spring!

Karin M. said...

These are the colors of spring ..... very nice shots ...
Greetings, Karin

Jenn Jilks said...

It's good to see that spring is on its way. We still have 2' of snow on the ground, and it's snowing now...
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

Mary said...

Wonderful spring fotos! Lovely flowers!

Louisette said...

Spring is arriving , greting from belgium

DeniseinVA said...

Oh they are a sight for sore eyes tired of winter. Thanks Carver, they're really beautiful!

Indrani said...

Love these sights! Particularly the row of daffodils.

Pat's Addition said...

I knew it was spring somewhere!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019