Translate

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wordless Wednesday: Empty or rather Roomy Nester


This is for the Tuesday Edition of Wordless Wednesday. I will also do another WW post on Wednesday which will actually be wordless.




I'm pretty sure the brown thrashers are who occupied the nest to the right because they were zipping out of the bushes from spring until recently. When I was sure it was safe to get into the bushes for minor pruning I encountered the empty nest. The full nest on the left was my daughter in the guest room before leaving for Law School in 2007. Her room was so full of boxes that she spilled over into the guest room. I read on a blog that empty nester sounded sad, some time ago. After that I thought, well, in a way roomy nester works just as well because when our chickadees leave the nest, it does create extra space.

Wordless Wednesday

14 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Although my sister and I left home in the 80s there is still a fair bit of our stuff left there! Happy www

SandyCarlson said...

Empty or roomy--a matter of perspective! Wonderful stuff, Carver.

Anonymous said...

Its interesting post...Happy WW!

eastcoastlife said...

I dread the day my only son leaves. I can't bear being an empty nester.

Juliana said...

i prefer roomy nester :D thanks drop at my ww

Anonymous said...

fun ww this week Carver! Ha! they all have a tendency to come back...the birds and the kids :0)

Cynthia said...

I came back many times...it took my Mom a long time to call herself an empty nester!

Anonymous said...

Very meaningful, thank you for sharing.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh wow....good luck for your daughter in law school. Two super photos.

My Wordless is posted. Stop by if you can.

Anonymous said...

That sort of room proves that there's a teenage in that home!!! :P Plus a pretty normal teen *lol*

Once they leave that nest, than we'll start missing those mess they create..

TorAa said...

Great contrasts and a good illustration to your text

Carver said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting my Tuesday WW post.

Dee said...

Nice shots! Well, you know what they say - you always find ways to fill the empty spots!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

awwww this made me so sad; missing my ghoulies.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019