I know a lot of you have been hit by more snow than you want and may be tired of it.
I decided to feature snow shots this week because we had my favorite kind of snow Friday night and Saturday morning.
It was soft and fluffy snow which looked beautiful in the trees and on the ground, but the roads were perfectly clear.
It wasn't very cold so I could go outside without gloves and take pictures.
The snow and sleet we had two weeks ago was good for the children who wanted to go sledding. This weekend's snow wasn't good for sledding but was good for building snowmen and for snow ball fights.
I am still a kid in some ways and able to enjoy the beauty of snow but I am also at an age where I'm pleased when the roads are clear.
To me it's the best of both worlds to have snow piled up in the trees and on the grass but for the asphalt to show through on the road.
It was also easy to keep plenty of food out for the birds because I could brush off the deck and garden ledges easily for my snowy weather feeding stations.
The bird in the shot above is on the swing ledge looking down at all the food on the deck ledge and deciding which seeds appeals to him.
I liked the way the snow landed on the ivy on the oak trees above.
I think the little bird below looks like he has made a little winter hut for warmth.
It was a short lived snow as the sun came out and starting warming up my world.
To visit other parts of the world, please go to the home page for That's My World Tuesday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
Monday, February 15, 2010
- ► 2013 (76)
- ► 2012 (197)
- ► 2011 (194)
- Monochrome Weekend: Snow Chairs
- Skywatch Friday: setting sun leaves pastels
- Wordless Wednesday: Only at an Art Museum would a ...
- That's My World Tuesday: Spring whispers although ...
- Monochrome Weekend: Taken Six Days Ago
- SkyWatch Friday: A hint of blue
- Wordless Wednesday: Was it something I said . . .
- That's My World Tuesday: My kind of snow
- Monochrome Weekend: Pointing
- Skywatch Friday: The sun is setting but this roost...
- Wordless Wednesday: Still as a Statue
- That's My World: Duck Dripping
- Monochrome Weekend: Shadowland
- SkyWatch Friday: The moon rising, setting and risi...
- Wordless Wednesday: Snow Day for the Children on M...
- That's My World Tuesday: January Ends
- ▼ February 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (206)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (145)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (140)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (9)
- flowers (116)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (143)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (77)
- P (6)
- photo walk (374)
- plants (91)
- purple day epilepsy (1)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (398)
- SkyWatch Friday (241)
- T (5)
- That's My World (183)
- The weekend in black and White (145)
- trees (439)
- U (5)
- V (5)
- vacation (123)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (5)
- water (309)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.