Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, November 29, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: Autumn Ending

This skywatch will cover last Friday through this Thursday.
skywatfDSCN8563
I was glad I walked at the end of last week before the temperatures dropped and almost all the leaves finally fell from the trees.
skywatfDSCN8566
Last Friday was made for a holiday weekend in terms of a beautiful sky.
skywatfDSCN8571
I've gotten a lot of my blog posts this week from my walks at the end of last week.
skywatfDSCN8575
It's been a mix in terms of sunny and overcast.
skywatfDSCN8635
I was glad the sun was out over the weekend.
skywatfDSCN8637
I like the wispy clouds against the blue.
skywatfDSCN8693
I enjoy all types of skies including gray but we've been due the blue we finally got.
skywatfDSCN8698
I like variations in the sky for reflections.
skywatfDSCN8715
The wispy look of bare branches that recently dropped their leaves appeals to me.
skywatfDSCN8735
The next tree ended up with brown leaves all of the sudden when it got very cold one night.
skywatfDSCN8762
We've had as much gray as blue but I took more pictures on the sunny days.
skywatfDSCN8864
I was glad the sun came out this Wednesday when I had to go to my office in Durham.
skywatfDSCN8919
I caught some shots in between meetings.
skywatfDSCN8921
I'm a little late getting this post together so I'll end here.
skywatchfDSCN8978

16 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Such beautiful autumn skies, Carver!! Your captures are superb as always! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

HansHB said...

A great sky-post!

eileeninmd said...

Carver, the lake and the pretty sky make for beautiful photos. A lovely series of shots. Happy Skywatching!

Whispering Thoughts said...

beautiful. We have had only gray skies for last couple of days. refreshing change

Judy said...

It's so nice to see some blue skies, we've had a few cloudy hazy days here.

Kay L. Davies said...

What a lovely series of photos, Carver.
K

lina@womens perspectives said...

Enjoying your sky shots :)
Lovely colors!

Karen said...

A lovely series of shots, I like the reflections! Our trees have been bare for a couple of weeks.

Wanda said...

Where are all the leaves.. Those bare trees look like ours now.

Very beautiful scenery.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful and picturesque.

Anonymous said...

Once again, I'm in awe of your luminous skies! They are so gorgeous!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Love all these beautiful blue skies!!

NatureFootstep said...

seems like you were really happy about ypur blue sky. :) You have a great nature to visit from what I can see. :)

Jenny said...

Gorgeous as usual, Carver. I loved it when you said "we're due the blue." I like gray skies too but honestly those deep innocent blue ones just catch at the heart. My favorite picture of the selections you posted is of the one where the sun is reflected in the water. Happy Weekend! Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

beautiful skies Carver!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Delightful scenery you captured!
My Skywatch post

Have a great weekend.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019