Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Our World Tuesday: through the months of 2012

For my last post of 2012, I thought I'd start with a shot I took in January of 2012 and follow with one shot from each of the 12 months.
001ourworlddcDSCN5414
I didn't take the time to try and pick out shots I liked the best, necessarily.
01ourworyeDSCN6698
They are fairly random because I just looked quickly at each month and grabbed a shot.
01ourworldrbDSCN7918
Since I store my photographs by the date they were taken, at least that's what I've done since 2006, it's easy to find one a month.
01ourworldyeDSCN0019
I also put key words in the folder names to help me find particular things I'm looking for.
00001ourworldyearendDSCN1879
The problem with some key words is that I've taken a zillion shots of the same things.
01ourworlyeDSCN2447
Still it helps sometimes to be able to search for particular things amongst my photo files.
00001ourwordyeDSCN4244
It's so odd to me how the older I get, time accelerates.
00001ourworlyeDSCN5466
As a child a week could seem like a long time and now the decades run together.
01ourworlDSCN6629
I guess the advantage to time speeding up is difficult times also whiz by.
001ourworyeDSCN7231
Still, I can hardly believe that we are getting ready to start 2013.
01ourworyeDSCN8902
I remember when the years we are in now were used in sci-fi shows as the space age type future.
01ourworldyeDSCN0023 

23 comments:

Karen said...

Terrific shots throughout the year Carver! Wishing you all the best in 2013!

Rambling Woods said...

Be great for NN too...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful shots -- and memories -- and thoughts (time definitely proceeds at a different pace these days!)

Penelope Postcards said...

I like the idea of picking a picture for each month. Something I will think about for next year. I know what you mean about time flying fast … very useful for those not so good times. And Gene Roddenberry must have been a genius because so many of the devices he wrote about in his earliest stories have come to pass. :)

Photo Cache said...

I store my photos by date too, easier for me to use, although my hubby can't figure out that system :)

Happy happy New Year. All the very best to you and yours in the coming year and always.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful series of shots!

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful captures and a great look back over the year at your beautiful world!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful and very Happy New Year, Carver!!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Great series to mark 2012. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Valerie said...

Thanks for sharing some of your past year's postings - that last one (is it a Red Cardinal?) is my favourite. Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Carver said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting and yes the last shot is of a male cardinal.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful photography ~ awesome!

Happy New Year ^_^

(A Creative Harbor aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

Gemma Wiseman said...

So love the variety in this series of photos! But I do have a favourite! The little feathered character balanced on a dish is stunning!

eileeninmd said...

Carver, a lovely look back at your 2012. The birds are some of my favorites. I wish you all the best in 2013, Happy New Year!

genie said...

What a fabulous and intriguing way to compose your post this week...a walk thru the the months of the year with your favorite pictures. They are all so beautiful in their own ways. I know each one has its own story to tell, and as you chose they they triggered happy memories of days past. This is one lovely contribution to Our World. Here's wishing you a new year filled with happiness, good health, and lots of picture taking. genie

Fun60 said...

It is wonderful to look back over the pictures you have taken. You are so right, time is just speeding past me.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful set of images through the year.
Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year!

lotusleaf said...

Wish you a Happy New Year, Carver.

Indrani said...

A variety of moods here. Great shots all!

Lew said...

Very nice body of work for the year1 I especially like the birds.

Regina said...

Amazing photos!
Happy New Year!

Müge said...

What a beautiful summary of 2012 through your lens! I wish you all the best in 2013!

NatureFootstep said...

seems like you had a great year. :)

Anonymous said...

Please join us each Friday for Photog Friday at www.photogfriday.blogspot.com
for those who enjoy and want to share beautiful photography. Share your photos from the week and connect with other photogs.

And be sure to sign up on our site to get an email notice when the next Photog Friday is live.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019