Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 13, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: Moody Mix of Sky Shots

Sometimes the sunset colors almost look like a mountain range to me.
skywatfDSCN9681
Then the clouds break up a bit for something else.
skywatchfDSCN9660
Not very much blue lately so I snap it when I can.
skywfDSCN9602
There has been quite a bit of drama in the sky.
skywfDSCN9573
Sometimes just a peak at the setting sun through moody clouds.
skywatfDSCN9651
Moody blues seems to fit the next shot although maybe moody grays is more accurate.
skywatfDSCN9639
I think the sky below looks like a satin bedspread.
skywatfDSCN9626
Tufts of pink make an appearance.
skywatfDSCN9519
Sometimes the sky looks like someone has brushed it with a paintbrush loaded with several colors.
skywatfDSCN9516
I watched the sky a long time at sunset several days ago.
skywatfDSCN9506
Even without an actual sun dropping it was very interesting to me.
skywatfDSCN9503
I like this time of the year.
skywatfDSCN9501
I'll end with tufts of cotton candy in the sky.
skywafDSCN9497

19 comments:

Ruby Manchanda said...

The skies never fail to amaze me, especially when you click them so well.

Judy @ daily yarns said...

I love, love, love the top shots!

Photo Cache said...

Jealous of all the beautiful skies you capture. Happy holidays.

Sylvia K said...

Such a lovely variety of clouds/skies and so peaceful looking! Lovely, lovely captures for the day, Carver! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

HansHB said...

Great photos,lovely Sky-Watch post!

eileeninmd said...

Hi Carver, beautiful sky captures! I do love watching the clouds and the dramatic skies. Thanks for sharing, happy skywatching!

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful sky shots!
Have a great weekend.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful mix views of the sky.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love changeable skies too! And that first photo really does look like a mountain range (until it breaks up in the next photo). Lovely skies all -- I also like the bare trees.

Jim said...

Great skies.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

ladyfi said...

Such delicious skies you've had recently!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful captures! Enjoy the weekend.

lina@womens perspectives said...

You have wonderful skies there, Carver. We have rainy days here -gray sky every day.

Wonderful sky shots. Love them all.

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Wonderful serie with a lot of variety.
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

Indrani Ghose said...

Truly great captures. I like how you framed them.

Łucja-Maria said...

Dear Carver!
I admire your beautiful pictures.
They are always well done.
Have a nice weekend.
Lucia

Laura said...

so beautiful!!!

Carletta said...

Golden skies, and moody blues - all beautifully captured Carver!

Kcalpesh said...

Awesome Sky!! Merry Christmas from Pixellicious Photos

Labels

About Me

My photo
I like to take photographs and I use blogging as a way to share my photography. I started blogging for other reasons but no longer feel the need or have the desire to write beyond a narrative for my photography.

Nature Notes

Nature Notes

The Weekend in Black and White

Today's Flowers

Today's Flowers

That's My World Tuesday

ABC Wednesday

Photohunters

Photohunters
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2016