Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 19, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Some sunny days for a change

Although we've had a few cloudy, rainy days, there have been some sunny days for a change.
skywatchDSCN1749
I'm starting with clouds because I'm using photographs that cover the days following the last sky watch.
skywatchDSCN1750
It took a few days to get to the sunny skies.
skywatchDSCN1793
With the weather cooling down it's particularly nice for the sun to come out.
skywatchDSCN1806
There is a big difference in the night and day temperatures.
skywatchDSCN1852
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and had to get an extra blanket because I was so cold. I love the seasonal changes so I didn't mind.
skywatchDSCN1911
There are more and more signs of summer being at an end.
skywatchDSCN2016
I love the way clouds look against vivid blue skies.
skywatchDSCN2029
The last shot was close to sunset but the sun was hiding.
skywatchDSCN2059

20 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Splendid sky, you prepared a very special set of images today, thanks for sharing!
Léia

Photo Cache said...

I noticed today on the drive to work that the change is here, although quite subtle still. But I can feel and smell that "fall" in the air.

Wonderful shots.

ladyfi said...

I love those fluffy clouds and blue skies.

Łucja-Maria said...

Welcome to Carver!
Beautiful, sunny picture.
I envy the blue sky.
In my four days of torrential rain pouring down.
Greetings.
Lucia

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of sunny days.

Annemor said...

A wonderful sunny day.
All the best.
Mormor

http://www.starbear.no/mormor/2013/09/19/slor-over-himmelen/

Sylvia K said...

Oh, what lovely skies!! Love the puffy clouds and I know I want to enjoy our blue ones for as long as they last and you probably do, too!! Terrific captures for the day, Carver! Enjoy your weekend -- hope it's a sunny one!!

HansHB said...

Lovely sky-photos!

Terri Buster said...

Great shots- I love the bright blue framing the white clouds.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous all...I love the one with the thistles (I guess they are) against the sky. Beautiful.

Jim said...

Great shots.

acreativeharbor.com said...

Always wonderful sky shots for SWF ~ Beautiful!
carol, xo

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful blue skies, Carver! I also love the pretty white fluffy clouds. Our temps at night and the early morning are very cool. I am happy to see the days warm up some during the afternoon. Have a great evening and a happy weekend!

Arija said...

A great collection of sky shots Carver. I love the chang in seasons too and it doesn't matter which one is coming up.

Karen said...

Oh lovely shots. I love the fluffy clouds!

Team G Square said...

Skies looks so wonderful in your pictures.

lina@women said...

I don't mind with changeable skies too. Enjoying your shots, Carver.

Indrani said...

Terrific captures. The shadow of the bridge's railing looks great, well captured.

MastHoliday said...

Spectacular shots!

pattisjarrett said...

What a lovely place for a stroll, and great sky views.

Labels

About Me

My photo
I like to take photographs and I use blogging as a way to share my photography. I started blogging for other reasons but no longer feel the need or have the desire to write beyond a narrative for my photography.

Nature Notes

Nature Notes

The Weekend in Black and White

Today's Flowers

Today's Flowers

That's My World Tuesday

ABC Wednesday

Photohunters

Photohunters
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2016