Translate

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Today's Flowers: Flower Hunt

There were so many flowers when our weather turned cold that it took a while for all of them to turn brown and die.

todaflowersDSCN8609

I went on a hunt early this week to see if I could find any remaining flowers in the garden I walk in frequently.

todayflowersDSCN8576

At first I thought all I'd find were berries and brown flowers.

todayflowersDSCN8578

I was amazed to find the little flowers hiding in the bush above.

todayflowersDSCN8597

I was even more surprised to see how much color the flower below had left.

todayflowersDSCN8601

I'll end with seasonal berries.

todayflowersDSCN8634

Click for the home of Today's Flowers.




8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

You found some beauties for us. Great photos, thank you Carver. Happy Sunday to you.

Hannah said...

The berries are colorful, maybe that is the blackberry lily? The flowers still look great, I have a Camellia sasanqua that blooms in the winter. Yuletide is supposed to bloom but never does.

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

A few flowers left still how wonderful!

maryaustria said...

Gorgeous photos! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

The camellias are gorgeous and I love the red berries. Have a peaceful Sunday!

Judy said...

That first week after the cold weather comes, there are still some flowers around!! Here, they are definitely done for the winter. Love the camelias, especially!!!

A Colorful World said...

Lovely garden hold-outs! Especially that tiny flower! And beautiful berries too. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Indrani said...

Great to stumble on such treasures very rich with colors. :)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019