Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 6, 2011

SkyWatch Friday: October begins


After a wet end to September, October has come in with clear blue skies.

skywatcfDSCN9532
Some of these photographs are misleading because I'm focusing in on the few trees that have changed to Autumn Attire.
skywatfDSCN9528
Most of the trees in my part of the U.S. haven't changed colors yet.
skywatchfDSCN9525
I kind of like the way different trees don their autumn clothes at different times of the season.
skywatcfDSCN9523
It makes the fall colors stretch out over several months.
skywatchfDSCN9460
Most of the tree around the lake I walk at are still green.
skywatchfDSCN9456
I guess the dogwood trees always change much earlier than other ones.
skywatchfDSCN9565
Below the one with autumn colors is a Japanese Maple.
skywatchfDSCN9561
I've also noticed that even within the same type of tree it depends on where it's located in terms of how soon it changes colors.
skywatchfDSCN9558
I love the big grass plumes against a blue sky.
skyatchDSCN9537
I kind of like the wispy look of the next tree.
skywatchfDSCN9534
Click for the home of Skywatch Friday.

19 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

wow the blue sky there is so perfect!
Amazing trees, I'm always enchanted by Autumn colors, your pictures are outstanding!
Léia

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the blue skies of autumn and the coloured leaves. Lovely photos.

Judy said...

I love the grass plumes...I've been noticing them around here lately.

Gillian Olson said...

Great shots, I love those blue skies.

Photo Cache said...

you od have lovely blue skies. odd that you also seem to have a slow start to fall colors.

i love the pampas grass. they are so photogenic, so graceful in the breeze.

need favor signing me up today (again!). appreciate it always.

Liz said...

The sky is so blue!

Happy sky watching.

Skywatch

Rajesh said...

Beautiful views. Love the color of autumn under the blue sky.

Steffi said...

Wonderful sunny photos of autumn!Great colours!Have a nice weekend!

Sylvia K said...

Such gorgeous blue skies! I love the autumn colors and the grass plumes! Really wonderful captures for the day, Carver, as always! Hope you have a lovely weekend!


Sylvia

Laura said...

so much beauty!

EG CameraGirl said...

Here's hoping the rest of October is this beautiful!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh beautiful -- I am in love with those grass plumes!

We don't have much color yet here in Oregon either -- I am hoping for some before we leave.

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful skies, and beautiful trees, Carver. We are having a dreary day here today, and the humidity makes me hurt, but I'm very glad it's raining because our yard really needs it.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Unknown said...

Ours are just about finished now!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

joo said...

The sky is fabulous and the colours of the trees are simply stunning!

eileeninmd said...

Carver, beautiful series of photos. I just love the shot with the grass plumes. Very pretty. Happy Skywatching!

Karen said...

Beautiful autumn skies. A lot of our trees have not changed yet either.

SandyCarlson said...

Your colors are very beautiful, and they are way ahead of ours. Your photos are beautiful. Amen to October and a bit of dry weather!

Indrani said...

Lovely captures, the reds add lot of colorful life to the shots.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019