Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, April 2, 2012

Our World Tuesday: NCMA Park


Bill and I went on a walk at the North Carolina Museum of Art Park on Sunday.

ourworldmDSCN9492
A mild winter and very wet spring has left the park green.
ourworldtsDSCN9501
The pond was quite full and suitable for reflections.
ourworldtDSCN9509
Below is a work called the Conversationalist by Chakaia Booker.
ourworltmDSCN9516
In the next shot you can see Bill patiently waiting for me to snap a shot of Lowe's Pavilion by Mike Cindric and and Vincent Petrarca.
ourworldtmDSCN9520
The central object in the next shot is Wind Machine by Vollis Simpson. The smokestack is left from the old Youth Prison which isn't there anymore.
ourowlrdsDSCN9536
After a rainy evening it was pleasant on Sunday morning.
ourworldtmDSCN9537
The work below is called Collapse I by Ledelle Moe.
ourworldtmsDSCN9538
Next is another shot of the Wind Machine.
ouroworltwDSCN9540
The Museum Amphitheater has concerts and movies.
ourworltaDSCN9549
I like the butterfly backdrop.
ourworltmDSCN9551
I took the next shot from behind the stage facing the seating.
ourworldtaDSCN9552
One more shot of the wind machine, this time shooting from below the hill so you don't see the pole it sits on.
ourworltwDSCN9556
The next shot is on the opposite side of the pond from where I shot it in the earlier photos.
ourowrtsDSCN9557
I'll end when we were back at the parking lot ready to leave.
ourworltdaDSCN9567
Click for the home of Our World Tuesday.

15 comments:

Penelope Notes said...

What fantastic displays on the grounds of this museum! I like the butterflies too … seem so appropriate for people on stage performing and stretching their wings. Some of the other more modern sculptures would make great props for a science fiction movie. :)

Cezar and Léia said...

I would love visit this beautiful place and take pictures all day long! Beautiful sculptures and I love the butterfly mural!
Léia

Martha Z said...

What lovely grounds, I'd be reluctant to leave the park to see what treasures lay inside.

Anonymous said...

What great art pieces!

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

I LOVED this Sunday walk. I don't think I would want to go inside (at least on a beautiful day like this one)....Everything you photographed was great, but I could not stop looking and thinking about "Collapse".

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful place and such marvelous pieces of art! I love the sculptures and the butterflies! What a great time you must have had, Carver! All that and gorgeous skies as well!! Thanks for sharing the fun and the beauty!

Sylvia

Snap said...

North Carolina Museum of Art Park looks like a wonderful place to have an adventure. I love parks and a sculpture park is so much fun. Never sure what I'm going to find next! Wonderful~

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful park to walk around and a great spot for taking photos. It sure does look very green there!

Anna said...

Love your World, Carve!
Great shots...
Greetings from Holland,
Anna :-))

Unknown said...

Great tour and that wind machine is really something. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

SandyCarlson said...

I need to give this place a try! Great, enticing photos, Carver.

Gillian Olson said...

Great place for a walk, the wind machine is really interesting.

Ebie said...

This is a neat park, love the sculptures and the art work.

Yes, its very pleasing to see the greenery!

Latane Barton said...

Thanks for the tour of this wonderful park. Such interesting sculptures. That wind machine looks like it is ready to take off for parts unknown.

jewaicious said...

What beautiful museum captures, exteriors and landscape. Thank you for sharing the loveliness.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019