Bill and I went to Artsplosure on Sunday and also visited the Nature Research Center while we were in downtown Raleigh, NC.
I liked the sculpture that were set out among plants and flowers.
The elegant dancing couples almost looked real.
The flowers and sculpture were on Fayetteville Street but most of the artist booths and music were around Moore Square.
I think the mother and child below are rather charming.
The daily planet is outside the new Nature Research Center which is an addition to the Natural Science Museum.
It is so large that I had trouble getting a good photograph.
Back at Artsplosure, I was surprised to see Monet painting Raleigh Memorial Auditorium.
Fun idea to not only have the sculpture of Monet but to also have him painting.
I felt like I was being transported back in time.
The rest of the shots are of the Nature Research Center, and I caught Bill in my shot of the round movie room.
I took so many pictures that I'll be posting more later in other posts.
Bill was patient with me because we did a fair amount of walking and I snapped indoors and out.
Click for the home of That's My World Tuesday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
- ► 2013 (89)
- SkyWatch Friday: Clouds
- ABC Wednesday: T is for Tire
- Our World Tuesday: Continued from Last Week
- The Weekend in Black and White: Patterned by Natur...
- SkyWatch Friday: Perfect Day
- ABC Wednesday: S is for Sunday Sandy Starry Sky St...
- Our World Tuesday: Artsplosure and Nature Research...
- The Weekend in Black and White: Water
- SkyWatch Friday: My head is in the clouds
- ABC Wednesday: R is for railroad
- Our World Tuesday: a mixture
- The Weekend in Black and White: All fenced in
- SkyWatch Friday: Early May
- ABC Wednesday: Q is for Quartet and Quintet
- Our World Tuesday: First week of May
- The Weekend in Black and White: Public Library
- SkyWatch Friday: End of the Day
- ABC Wednesday: P is for Peekaboo
- ▼ May 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (202)
- ► 2009 (206)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (149)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (145)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (10)
- flowers (118)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (144)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (81)
- P (6)
- photo walk (379)
- plants (95)
- purple day epilepsy (2)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (404)
- SkyWatch Friday (243)
- T (6)
- That's My World (186)
- The weekend in black and White (148)
- trees (443)
- U (6)
- V (6)
- vacation (127)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (6)
- water (315)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.