Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Our World Tuesday: Shopping

I hate shopping but I decided to take advantage of the Cold Water Creek Memorial Day Weekend sale.
ourwortDSCN7369
I would have preferred to shop at their online store but I needed to try on the clothes I required.
ourwortDSCN7368
Their store is in the mall portion of the Triangle Town Center but after shopping I walked around and photographed the miscellaneous stores that are outside of the mall.
ourwortDSCN7362
The shopping center isn't far from me but it's relatively new and I'm not in the habit of going their (actually it opened over 10 years ago but that's new for me). Also, they didn't complete the shopping center until more recently (perhaps 5 years ago).
ourwortDSCN7357
I have to laugh at their advertising which boasts they have North Carolina's only Saks Fifth Avenue store.
ourwortDSCN7356
In my book once the store is in Raleigh, NC they should take Fifth Avenue off their name.
ourwortDSCN7354
To me a mall is a mall but the part I photographed (called the commons) is fairly appealing to me.
ourwortDSCN7342
I think they did a great job with the landscaping.
ourwortDSCN7327
They also had some stores that looked intriguing, although I didn't go inside them.
ourwortDSCN7321
I almost never go into a store unless it's totally unavoidable.
ourworltDSCN7328
I guess I've made it pretty clear how much I hate to shop.
ourworltDSCN7325 
Many of the shots I'm using are centered around the Himalayan Frontier shop, the play with your food restaurant, and the Orvis Store. They captured my attention the most.
ourworldtDSCN7309
It was a cool morning but turned into a beautiful day so I wouldn't be surprised if weary shoppers ended up taking a break on these outdoor chairs.
oaurworltDSCN7337

13 comments:

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Hello Dear Carver!
Every day I admire in you great pictures.
And when is the naich blue sky, I'm very happy.
For me it is very cold and it's raining .. Looking at your photos it gets better.
I send you many greetings from distant Polish.
Lucia

Penelope Notes said...

These are interesting photos, Carver. The mood is clearly one of keeping at a distance from the shops … even with its many picturesque outdoor and indoor temptations. :)

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of the place.

Anna said...

Beautiful place,Carver!
Warm greetings from Holland,
Anna :))

Sofia said...

A nice shopping place, I hope you had got what you need and good bargain. :)

Gerald (SK14) said...

For a shopping mall it looks very quiet - I hate the places too although some well designed ones with some outside attractions do offer interesting photographic opportunities as compensation.

Unknown said...

Looks like a great place to shop!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Fun60 said...

An interesting set of photos from someone who was supposed to be on a shopping spree. Where is everyone?

Karen said...

Looks like a lovely place to shop! SUre beats the indoor "malls"!

Randi said...

I hate shopping too, Carver...but this picturesque place must wonderful to visit!
Warm greetings from Sweden,
Randi

Anonymous said...

Oh, I dislike shopping too! This looks like a charming place to shop though.

eileeninmd said...

Hi Carver, I am not a shopper either. The shopping area does look pretty with the pond, flowers and statues. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

Arija said...

Hi, hope zou got what you wanted. I hate and detest shopping except at the market where I really love it, especially at our farmers' market
A nice shopping mall,but like you, I prefer to stay out of the shops. Even at the market, I do a lot more people watching than buying.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019