Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 9, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Rain Rain Rain

Looking through my shots during May thus far, I was struck by how rare any blue in the sky has been.
skywatchfDSCN6637
I like storms but this is getting rediculous.
skywatchDSCN6635
When I took the shot below at a stop light, the rain had actually slowed down.
skywatchDSCN6693
At one point when I was driving the rain was coming down so hard it was like a white out.
skywatcDSCN6697
I wouldn't mind a drying out period.
skywatchDSCN6743
The rest of the shots were taken during the one day in May so far where there was quite a bit of blue in the sky.
skywatchDSCN6734
I love how rich the blue is too.
skywatchDSCN6727
I think the clouds below look like they are dancing together.
skywatchDSCN6725
The next one makes me think of a white haired grandparent and a dark haired child snuggled up against the grandparent.
skywatcDSCN6737
I think the next cloud looks like its diving.
skywatcDSCN6730

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when the sky is washed bright by the rain! Nice shots.

Indrani said...

Very pleasing sky!

HansHB said...

A great serie of photos, perfect for the theme!

Kim, USA said...

I love the blue and white color. Here in Michigan I think we need rain. ^_^

Kim,USA

Sylvia K said...

Dramatic, stormy to peaceful, lovely skies and you caught them all beautifully, Carver!! Wonderful shots for the day! Have a great weekend!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Magnifiche nuvole bianche !
Myriam

Nonnie said...

amazing sky shots! I hesitate to complain about how much rain we've had this spring because spring and summer 2012 we had a drought. I'll take rain as opposed to drought as long as there is no flooding.

Karen said...

Great sky shots, the blues are beautiful.

Photo Cache said...

you had some serious dousing there. but the rich blue sky made up for the inclement weather afterwards.

ExploreColorado said...

I like ur shot of the church in pouring rain!

eileeninmd said...

I guess we all have to take the dramatic skies along with the pretty blue skies. Lovely collection of images, Carver! Happy Skywatching!

carol l mckenna said...

Amazing sky shots ~ Wonderfully creative! ~ ^_^

Lew said...

Wet and beautiful! Hope your blue skies return soon.

Arija said...

If we did not have those rainy days, we would not enjoy the sunny ones. At present we have way too many sunny days and would appreciate your rain.
Lovely shots of those clouds in the blue.

Karen said...

I love a cloudy sky! Great captures.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

We've had a drought so I like the rain, but enough is enough.

Kusum said...

Storm! I would love to have here ... its been hot for months! Lovely photos.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Love those brilliant blue skies!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of cloudy sky.

Candace said...

beautiful pictures. Quite the same here this week grey grey skies

Steffi said...

Very beautiful photos for SWF,Carver!Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend!

NatureFootstep said...

we could use a little of that. :)

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Wonderful and dramatic skies, Carver.
Thanks for sharing.
I hope you'll have some nice spring weather and skies soon.

s.c said...

Great sky shots. Love them.

TexWisGirl said...

wonderful mix of moods. :)

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Gorgeous blues after the dreary rain.

Carolyn said...

Dramatic rainy day skies and wonderful sunny day skies...just wish there was more balance at times!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Smiles

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019