My world is starting to look like someone spilled green paint over it. The first shot was taken recently in my neighborhood.
I ordinarily work from my home computer but I had to commute to my Durham, NC office last week. I was struck by the smoke stack surrounded by a sea of green when I was walking up stairs at my office so I stopped and took the shot.
The next shot was taken in downtown Durham at the parking lot across from the office building where the company I work for is housed. Next door to the brick offices is the old house below which is covered by the green leaves of the tree this time of year.
Leaving the office and driving through a Durham neighborhood to get to the expressway, I was greeted by more evidence of someone throwing green paint over my world.
Back home the canopy of my pecan tree greets me with more . . . . that's right you guessed it, green.
Facing my greenhouse and storage building there is another sea of green although splashes of other colors are evident if you look. Soon the sea of green will be replaced with a crazy mixture of many different colored blooms.
For other participants, please visit the home of That's My World Tuesday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
Monday, June 8, 2009
- ► 2013 (77)
- ► 2012 (197)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (202)
- Wordless Wednesday - Maybe I'll run away on a frei...
- That's My World: Antiques Roadshow
- Monochrome Weekly: Unexpected downtown photo op
- SkyWatch Friday: Pink skies at night sailors delig...
- Wordless Wednesday - Zooming in on workers on the ...
- That's My World Tuesday: The Buzzin of the Bees in...
- Monochrome Weekly: Skid Marks
- SkyWatch Friday: Remembering Blue
- Wordless Window - Oh My it's a dragonfly on my ant...
- That's My World - Avoiding the heat
- Monochrome Weekly: Duke Memorial United Methodist ...
- SkyWatch Friday: Afternoon Clouds
- Wordless Wednesday: Wonder if he'll get caught by ...
- That's My World Tuesday: Someone has been let loos...
- Monochrome Weekly: Rain and Windchimes
- SkyWatch Friday: Old Tree's last stand against the...
- Wordless Wednesday: Ball stuck in a tree
- That's My World: North Carolina Highway Flowers
- ▼ June 2009 (18)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (145)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (140)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (9)
- flowers (116)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (143)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (77)
- P (6)
- photo walk (374)
- plants (92)
- purple day epilepsy (1)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (398)
- SkyWatch Friday (241)
- T (5)
- That's My World (183)
- The weekend in black and White (146)
- trees (439)
- U (5)
- V (5)
- vacation (123)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (5)
- water (309)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.