Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, June 28, 2010

That's My World Tuesday: Road Trip to Beford, VA and surrounding mountains from a few years ago


Photobucket
For this week of That's My World, I'm taking you on another road trip to the mountains.
Photobucket
This time it's Virginia (last week was the North Carolina mountains). This part of the Virginia mountains is close to the NC border much like last week the NC mountain trip was near the VA border.
Photobucket
While we were in Bedford, VA we drove to a place where we could go on a hike at part of the Appalachian trail and then another day went to the James River Park.
Photobucket
I had a lot of photographs I hadn't used yet from the town, park and hikes.
Photobucket
This post is rather a jumbled mix of shots from the road, trails, park, and town. The shot below is one I recall wanting to use before but I didn't like the wires or the obstruction across the tracks. I think it's a branch that was near where I was shooting and it ended up looking like it's across the tracks although it's not. Rather than deal with trying to work with the shot on my computer to get rid of the obstructions, I'm just posting it blemishes and all.
Photobucket
I find looking back through my photographs that I usually post a few shots from a trip and then forget about them, although frequently intend to go back and post more later.
Photobucket
Especially when it's an autumn trip I tend to focus on shots that show off the fall foliage but forget about other shots.
Photobucket
Even shots like the one above that show off the fall foliage, but more as a jumble, tend to be overlooked when I pick out shots to post.
Photobucket
For posts from around the world, please visit the home of That's My World Tuesday.

22 comments:

lissa said...

a beautiful place to visit even in pictures, I also like the changing colors of the trees, such wonderful hues

Mojo said...

I love the last two shots. Perfectly mirror smooth. Great timing!

Daryl said...

Lovely .. its such a pretty place ..

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. The lake is picturesque.

Sylvia K said...

What a great trip! And the reflections in the last two are awesome! Thanks so much for taking us along! I love it! Have a wonderful week, Carver! Enjoy!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

It's a very pretty area. I have only walked parts of the Appalachian trail in New Hampshire and Maine.

B i r g i t t a said...

Thanks for taking me on this trip - it was wonderful and I enjoyed every second :)

http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2010/06/28/My-World.aspx

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carver: That is certainly a great place to visit, great captures.

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

those are pretty tour of the area and town, what a fantastic trip and photographs, thanks for sharing these

Barbara said...

Thanks for the opportunity to see your lovely part of the world. The fall colours are beautiful.

Have a good week.

Carolyn Ford said...

I love road trips! And, this one was perfect because it led to water, and I love water...Please take us along again.

Indrani said...

A Lovely place, beautiful shots shared.

Ebie said...

I love road trips! The places you visit are beautiful! Your reflection shots are so crisp!

SandyCarlson said...

The autumn light is a treat right now, Carver. Thanks. The colors, the shapes, the angles in these photos are pure art. Thanks.

Maude Lynn said...

These are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Even though I was born and raised in Virginia, I don't think I was ever in Bedford. Still, I'd know those Virginia hills anywhere. Thanks for a great trip!

Unknown said...

the lake is serene and beautiful. fabulous shots.

Joyful said...

Beautiful...I love the nature trail. I love nothing better than to walk along one but don't get a chance too often.

??? said...

Lovely photos, especially the last two. Thanks for sharing :)

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour sweetie!
This place is awesome and your pictures are wonderful!I like a lot that path with all green along it, looks like a dream!
hugs
Léia

Andree said...

What beautiful photos. The geography is so familiar to me because it is similar to New England. So I might be able to enjoy visiting there! Especially to do a new part of the AT!! Thank you for sharing! (and for wires, I found No Wires, a stand along Windows app or an Elements plugin if you prefer. $40 but I think it's worth it.

http://www.nowiresplugin.com/

I talk about it here:
http://meeyauw.blogspot.com/2010/06/hazy-landscape-but-no-wires.html

And to make a long comment longer: I use it in Windows Live Photo Gallery. When I have a photo I want to edit, I go to the EXTRAS menu, then I click OPEN WITH. The first time, you have to BROWSE to find No Wires on your drive. But after that it is automatically available. The interface for the stand along app is bigger than for the plugin, which is why I use it. But you can magnify images with either version.

OK, I'm done! Whew!

ksdoolittle said...

Oh, I always loved Virginia, and hope to return someday. My birthplace not withstanding, it is one of the most diverse and beautiful states! ~karen

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019