On the way there I got a quick shot of the church above and on the way home, I got a back shot of the same church since one way streets give different views there and back.
I was shocked after I got to the office to see a new building going up near by.
The reason I was shocked was because I thought that area was part of the city park and wouldn't be built on.
It's a shame because the seats in a garden that's part of the park used to look on a tree line and grassy hill and now they have a view of the construction site.
Nothing blooming in the garden but still nice to have an area that isn't going to be developed. Actually the park is still large with most of it across the street from where the shot above is facing but it was a jolt to realize yet another building was going up on what I thought was part of the park.
I like the house above and the one below, although the one below is in pretty bad shape. The next three shots are of that same delapadated house from different views.
I love bare limbs of winter.
The tree on the right below has looked like it was split in half for at least a year, maybe more, but the part that's bending down has leaves in the summer.
I was shooting these trees when I was waiting to cross the street from the office building to the parking lot.
I shot the green house below while waiting at a red light on the way back to the highway. That house has been being remodeled for well over a year but appears to be finished.
I like the way there are more pedestrian bridges crossing highways like the one below in Durham, NC, and we also have several in Raleigh, NC where I live.
Click for the home of Our World Tuesday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
- ► 2013 (77)
- ABC Wednesday: C is for clear calm cormorant color...
- Our World Tuesday: Sunny Saturday Swordplay
- The Weekend in Black and White: A monochrome morni...
- SkyWatch Friday: Moving too fast
- ABC Wednesday: B is for Bunny
- Our World Tuesday: Reflections and Shadows
- The Weekend in Black and White: Downtown Durham, N...
- SkyWatch Friday: Ever Changing
- ABC Wednesday: A is for amber
- Our World Tuesday: Construction and such
- The Weekend in Black and White: First day of 2012
- SkyWatch Friday: In between the grey
- ABC Wednesday: Z is for zig zag
- Our World Tuesday: Bird interaction
- The Weekend in Black and White: Titmouse waiting o...
- SkyWatch Friday: Year end Year Begin
- ABC Wednesday: Y is for Year
- Our World Tuesday: Walking on the First Day of 201...
- ▼ January 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (202)
- ► 2009 (206)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (145)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (140)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (9)
- flowers (116)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (143)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (77)
- P (6)
- photo walk (374)
- plants (92)
- purple day epilepsy (1)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (398)
- SkyWatch Friday (241)
- T (5)
- That's My World (183)
- The weekend in black and White (146)
- trees (439)
- U (5)
- V (5)
- vacation (123)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (5)
- water (309)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.