It was a perfect day for a walk and since I didn't have much energy, a perfect day for frequent photo stops.
I was dazzled by the reflections in the creek that feeds into the lake.
The geese were foraging in the grasses.
The lake was a study in blues as was the sky.
One of the cormorants held a wings spread out pose for a long time.
The duck seemed to be chasing its tail in the water.
The three ducks below were having a pleasant conversation.
The gulls were flying with sparkling fairies.
Last year and the year before, this lake froze over for part of the winter but I doubt it will this year.
It feels a lot more like spring than winter.
It annoyed me when I spotted the plastic bag draped over the branches below.
When I see trash I pick it up but I wouldn't have been able to reach that littering plastic.
Click for the home of our world Tuesday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
- ► 2013 (89)
- ABC Wednesday: C is for clear calm cormorant color...
- Our World Tuesday: Sunny Saturday Swordplay
- The Weekend in Black and White: A monochrome morni...
- SkyWatch Friday: Moving too fast
- ABC Wednesday: B is for Bunny
- Our World Tuesday: Reflections and Shadows
- The Weekend in Black and White: Downtown Durham, N...
- SkyWatch Friday: Ever Changing
- ABC Wednesday: A is for amber
- Our World Tuesday: Construction and such
- The Weekend in Black and White: First day of 2012
- SkyWatch Friday: In between the grey
- ABC Wednesday: Z is for zig zag
- Our World Tuesday: Bird interaction
- The Weekend in Black and White: Titmouse waiting o...
- SkyWatch Friday: Year end Year Begin
- ABC Wednesday: Y is for Year
- Our World Tuesday: Walking on the First Day of 201...
- ▼ January 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (202)
- ► 2009 (206)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (149)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (145)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (10)
- flowers (118)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (144)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (81)
- P (6)
- photo walk (379)
- plants (95)
- purple day epilepsy (2)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (404)
- SkyWatch Friday (243)
- T (6)
- That's My World (186)
- The weekend in black and White (148)
- trees (443)
- U (6)
- V (6)
- vacation (127)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (6)
- water (315)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.