Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our World Tuesday: The first Six Days of October

The Brodie Duke Building was originally a tobacco warehouse.
ourworldDSCN2659
Measurement, Inc. a testing company in Durham, NC renovated this building to be used for offices.
ourworldDSCN2660
Measurement, Inc did the same thing with several other buildings in Durham.
ourworldDSCN2663
I've photographed this ice cream truck several times in front of a Durham, NC high school.
ourworldDSCN2674
The rest of the shots were taken in Raleigh, NC where I live.
ourworldDSCN2691
I picked shots from each day in October thus far (10-1 through 10-6-2013).
ourworldDSCN2701
We're still in the early part of fall.
ourworldDSCN2751
When I spot trees that are changing colors I take a quick shot.
ourworldDSCN2875
There are a lot of evergreens in my town but some of the green is from oak trees and others that change to their fall colors later.
ourworldDSCN2879
The rufous-sided towhee was bathing on my deck.
ourworldDSCN2910
My Virginia Creeper is changing colors.
ourworldDSCN2923
The brown thrasher was getting ready for a bath.
ourworldDSCN2962
The carolina wren was drying off after a bath.
ourworldDSCN2974
The rest of the shots are from a Sunday walk at Shelley Lake.
ourworldDSCN2989
I'm looking forward to the trails having their fall colors later this fall.
ourworldDSCN3007
I live in central NC which is usually several weeks to a month behind the fall colors in the NC mountains.
ourworldDSCN3011
I usually go to the mountains in the fall and catch the peak fall foliage and then come home and get our peak fall show later.
ourworldDSCN3014
There are mostly ducks at the lake now.
ourworldDSCN3028
The gulls arrive in the late fall and stay until spring most years.
ourworldDSCN3030
I usually spot great blue herons at the lake but haven't seen them the past few times I've walked.
ourworldDSCN3041
It's been noticeable how few Canadian Geese that are at this lake lately.
ourworldDSCN3047

17 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

I like a lot the Brodie Building and its garden with benches. Your pictures are all wonderful.The trees are lovely in Autumn colors!
Léia

MastHoliday said...

Wonderful set of your photographs....

EG CameraGirl said...

It's good to see that the old warehouses have been turned into offices. Seems like a good use of space. Looks like fall is reaching all the way down to the Carolinas already!

Betty Manousos said...

omg, the virginia creeper is sooo cute!

what a spectacular, carver!
ah, your photos are always worth the look.

have a great week ahead~

Photo Cache said...

I wonder if the tobacco smell lingered in the building up to now.

I really enjoy when you post birds in your bird bath. What a joy to see these feathered friends come for a visit.

Rajesh said...

Great shots of the building and lovely birds.

Sylvia K said...

A wonderful tour of your world as always, Carver, and beautiful captures as always, too!! I do love the birds!! Hope you have a lovely week! Enjoy!

Fun60 said...

Love the bird photos. No Canada geese? That's because they're all over here!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photography ~ favorites are delightful birds ~ sometimes we don' have to go to far to get sweet shots ~ thanks, carol ^_^

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Belas fotografias...Espectacular....
Cumprimentos

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They did a good job with renovation. We don't have as many geese here this year either, but I assumed it was because our lake was so shallow most of the summer.

Al said...

What a beautiful area you live in - it's one I'd love to see one day.

Anonymous said...

The early part of autumn is a wonderful time and you've captured that nicely in your shots.

eileeninmd said...

I think it is great they have found a use for the warehouse buildings. Wonderful scenes from your world. And of course I love all the birds. Great post, Carver. Have a happy day!

Indrani said...

Excellent pictures, they give me a good idea about the place.

betty-NZ said...

How wonderful that they restore old buildings instead of tearing them down. Great series of photos!

genie said...

Your area is definitely filled with the beauty of fall. I have seen a number of old warehouses repurposed and they are wonderful. Nice series. genie

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019