Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, October 10, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Early October Skies

The past few days have been chilly and rainy but we had some pretty October skies prior to the rain.
skywatchDSCN2699
The beginning of October was unseasonably warm and I'm glad that it's cooling down again.
skywatchDSCN2703
I hope the rain won't last much longer.
skywatchDSCN2755
We've had such a wet summer that I wouldn't mind more pretty days like we had at the beginning of October.
skywatchDSCN2756
I love golden sunsets.
skywatchDSCN2828
As I've said many time I also love cotton ball clouds.
skywatchDSCN2833
It was nice to have some days with blue skies.
skywatchDSCN2869
This is one of my favorite times of the year.
skywatchDSCN3002
I like all changing seasons.
skywatchDSCN3008
I wouldn't want to live somewhere that didn't have four distinct seasons.
skywatchDSCN3044
Part of what I like is change.
skywatchDSCN3051
Each season has its own distinct beauty.
skywatchDSCN3057
I'm looking forward to more of the trees changing colors at the lake.
skywatchDSCN3088
This sunset was a good one to photograph.
skywatchDSCN3100
Every few minutes the sky changed.
skywatchDSCN3108
There was a nice mix of colors in the clouds.
skywatchDSCN3120
The dark clouds added a contrasting element.
skywatchDSCN3133
At the end of the sunset the clouds started to turn pink.
skywatchDSCN3143
Very shortly after the last shot the sky became dark.
skywatchDSCN3151

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, I love the seasons and the distinct differences between them...the photos are beautiful It is nice and cool in Chesterfield County SC this morning and I am glad of it! I don't dread winter, I rather love winter too lol!
Sandi

Cezar and Léia said...

Awesome images, the golden sunset is my favorite!
Léia

Photo Cache said...

beautiful skies especially the sunset shots, very dreamy.

Anonymous said...

Those are some lovely skies!

HansHB said...

Great post for the sky-theme!

Sylvia K said...

Such a wonderful variety of skies, Carver, and superb captures as always! I'm so glad you share the beauty with us! Have a great weekend!!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful views of the sky and scenic lakes.

Anonymous said...

Lots of magnificent sky shots ~ I too enjoy the seasonal changes ~ love the autumn weather ~ happy weekend to you ~ carol ^_^

Mary said...

Wow! Such a fantastic series of sky-shots! So different and beautiful at the same time! Great!

Chris-June said...

great series of sky photos!

Karen said...

A lovely sky series. Beautiful colours in the sunset.

eileeninmd said...

I really like the reflection of the clouds on the lake. Beautiful series of sky shots! Have a happy weekend!

Dee H. said...

Love the golden sky.

Arija said...

Lovely skies and photos Carver. Yes, change is the spice of life and going with it's flow is the secret of life that most people do not recognise and fight against.

Indrani said...

I like how the sky has changed its colors! Great captures.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Your posts always make it clear how much you love the changing seasons....and your seasons are all beautiful, as you say and show so well, in their own way!!!

I too love Fall! And Spring. And Summer. (If I left anything out it was on purpose ;>)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019