Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Our World Tuesday: NC Museum of Art Park

Friday afternoon was unseasonably warm so I took advantage of the weather for a walk at the NC Museum of Art's Park.
ourworldDSCN6929
The seating arrangements at an art park can be somewhat unusual.
ourworldDSCN6924
If you aren't Peter Pan with the ability to fly up to the chairs there are a few on the ground.
ourworldDSCN6906
I like to photograph the gyre shown below from different perspectives.
ourworldDSCN6900
I think the Crossroad Trickster I below looks like a huge ear of corn.
ourworldDSCN6897
The wind machine below is another work I'll show from a different perspective later in this post.
ourworldDSCN6895
Below the gyre is shown from a different view point.
ourworldDSCN6872
Next is a work entitled Collapse I.
ourworldDSCN6864
Below is another view of the same work.
ourworldDSCN6849
I love the vivid red berries in contrast to the winter tans and browns.
ourworldDSCN6839
There were a lot of cyclist taking advantage of the warm afternoon.
ourworldDSCN6835
There were a few geese and ducks on the pond.
ourworldDSCN6827
It's nice to be able walk outdoors as well as inside of the museum.
ourworldDSCN6822
Below you can see the environmental plan of the museum and park.
ourworldDSCN6796
The text from a sign that I photographed explains how water is collected, used, and pollutants removed.
ourworldDSCN6795
Next is another shot of the gyre from a different part of the walk I took.
ourworldDSCN6791
Below is another view of the Wind Machine.
ourworldDSCN6782
Most of the rest of the shots are closer to the museum.
ourworldDSCN6769
I went inside the museum briefly to use the restroom facilities.
ourworldDSCN6761
I was surprised to see Janis Joplin's porsche.
ourworldDSCN6760
I like the way the flower child decorated car is in front of the sculpture I included two shots up.
ourworldDSCN6749
The new addition to the museum has a lot of mirrors which I like.
ourworldDSCN6747
There are several sculpture gardens and places to sit outside.
ourworldDSCN6740
The sculpture below looks wind blown in a way.
ourworldDSCN6737
It's beginning to look more and more like winter.
ourworldDSCN6735
I always enjoy photographing the Rodin Sculpture Garden.
ourworldDSCN6730
I used similar shots I took in the past on older posts but hopefully I'm not being too redundant.
ourworldDSCN6726
I like the reflective pools that are part of several of the outdoor sculpture gardens.
ourworldDSCN6714
The native grasses are tan and brown but part of the lawns are still green.
ourworldDSCN6713
I prefer the native grasses with winter browns and tans and enjoy them as much in the fall and winter as I do in the growing seasons.
ourworldDSCN6696
Winter has its own stark beauty.
ourworldDSCN6682

16 comments:

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Oh Carver!
At you I am examining a lot of interesting things.
This park is exceptional. For the first time so I can see.
Your photographs are wonderful. I am sending greetings from distant Poland.
Lucia

Penelope Notes said...

I also like the more subdued earthy tones of winter … with sprinklings of red here and there. The museum is truly a wonder and so lucky to have the car. Each work of art looks unique from different angles and the mirrored walls show nature is the greatest work of all.

DeniseinVA said...

That is a fun place for taking photos and yours are great. Thanks for taking us along Carver :)

Indrani said...

I am stunned by each shot! Those chairs on the trees are amazing. So are the huge sculpted works. Thanks for showing so much.

Sylvia K said...

What an amazing place!! Those are some of most interesting sculptures I've ever seen -- particularly in a park!! Terrific captures, Carver!! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you have a great week!

EG CameraGirl said...

Super place to take your camera, Carver. The sculptures are amazing!

Photo Cache said...

the art pieces both in and out are superb. yes this is where you bring your camera while you get some exercise.

Fun60 said...

What a wonderful park. Loved the Rodins. Did I spot a Henry Moore there as well?

eileeninmd said...

What a cool park, I love all the different sculptures. The chairs in the trees are different? The bluebird is pretty. Wonderful photos, have a happy week!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What shots of a beautiful and creative place ~ thank, carol, xxx - Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Thanks for visiting too!

Rajesh said...

Very artistic. Each of them are very unique.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful park! Love the sculptures and that Porsche! Nice shots.

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Really cool pictures! Love the ones with the chairs.

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Carver! Such gorgeous photos! Loved the diff aspects of the Gyre and the slumbering person. Also, I saw Janis' car at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. They would not allow pix to be taken. DRAT! Glad you were able to... and Rodin? What can I say? Peace, Amy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love outdoor art, something so special about walking around outside ... always makes me feel as if I've discovered the pieces for the first time!

The 'collapse makes me want to cry.

And before that those chairs (and your words) made me laugh ...really ... Bill walked in from the other room to see what was so funny!

I really want to see this Museum Park someday. (The inside part is great too).

genie said...

OMG, Carver....What a fabulous view you have riven us of the NC Museum and Park. The park are is out of this world and seeing Janice Joplin’s car is so cool. You give us such interesting posts. Happy Day. genie

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019