Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 5, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Last week of November and First Week of December

Since I skipped last week's Sky Watch, this week will cover the last week of November and the first week of December.
skywatchDSCN6601
We've had a lot of gray skies but I picked shots from the days with more color.
skywatchDSCN6421
The last few oak leaves are clinging to the tree.
skywatchDSCN6402
I like bare branches against a blue sky or any sky for that matter.
skywatchDSCN6398
After the leaves drop the little balls (for want of their real name) are left for awhile.
skyatchDSCN6401
I caught a mackerel sky at sunset.
skywatchDSCN6371
I love the quilted look of the sky below.
skywatchDSCN6360
I feel like I can reach up and grab this kind of sky and curl up in it.
skywatchDSCN6357
We have been having some great clouds in the sky.
skywatchDSCN6339
We've had some windy days but I don't mind when the sun is out.
skywatchDSCN6226
There are cobblestone side roads where Cobblestone Hall resides but I didn't include them in the shot below.
skywatchDSCN6179
The next shot is of the NC Legislative Building.
skywatchDSCN6147
I like pastel skies but the colors were so subtle below that the photograph isn't as pretty as what I saw.
 skywatchDSCN6053
There is something about the quality of light this time of the year that I like.
skywatchDSCN6043
I haven't caught a night moon lately but I have been catching the moon in the morning before it goes down.
skywatchDSCN5911
There is something moody about the sky below.
skywatchDSCN5889
The shot below was taken during a late afternoon.
skywatchDSCN5868
The last shot was taken close to sunset.
skywatchDSCN5840

13 comments:

Indrani said...

You have captured a great series for the week! Lovely captures all.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Welcome to Carver!
Stunning photos ...
Sky on your photo has wonderful blue color ...
I send greetings.
Lucia

Photo Cache said...

a lovely sequence of november sky shots. i skipped last week's too; too busy with the holiday.

Jim said...

Great collection of skies there.

Steffi said...

Fantastic photos for SWF,Carver!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend.

Sylvia K said...

Such an incredible variety of skies, Carver, and such terrific captures of them all!! Thanks as always for sharing the beauty!! Have a great weekend!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful views of the sky. Great variety.

toby said...

What a lovely collection! I'm also a big fan of quilted clouds :)

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful series of sky shots, Carver! The moon is my favorite. Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Lots of creative photography and amazing sky shots ~ resembles parts of the East Coast right ~ thanks, carol, xxx ~ Happy Weekend ^_^

Karen said...

A terrific sky series Carver!

lina@women tips said...

Enjoying your different sky shots.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely series of shots!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019