Translate

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Brief Blog Break

I'm taking a brief break from blogging (only a week or so) but I have taken so many shots this week, I thought I'd go ahead and post some mid October photos I took.

blogbrkDSCN6188

We've had a lot of rain but most days it clears for part of the day.

blogbrkDSCN6261

It's been windy which adds to the beauty when the boughs and flowers sway back and forth.

blogbrkDSCN6266

Male cardinals are started to get the deeper red they tend to get in the fall and winter.

blogbrkDSCN6277

Earlier this week there was one day where it literally stopped raining just long enough for me to walk during lunch.

blogbrkDSCN6312

I had to protect my camera because when the wind blew the rain that had collected on the leaves was almost like a shower.

blogbrkDSCN6339

I'm glad I have had a chance to photograph the flowers before they are all gone.

blogbrkDSCN6342

I'll admit that raindrops on roses are one of my favorite things.

blogbrkDSCN6347

Actually raindrops on elephant ears and almost any plant or flower that holds on to the liquid jewels are among my favorite things.

blogbrkDSCN6357

5 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Enjoy your vacation (?) or blog break anyway. Wonderful photos. The raindrops on the first leaf iare magical.

Indrani said...

Take a good rest!
Blogging and we will wait. :)

Anonymous said...

Glorious shots! Enjoy your break!

maryaustria said...

Beautiful! And enjoy your break!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

the raindrops are so beautiful.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019