Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Nature Notes and Our World Tuesday: mid October




October is flying by like most months do at my age.

natworldDSCN6252

We had a wet weekend but a few breaks when I could get outside.

natworldDSCN6247

I love the fluffy feathers on the bird below.

natworldDSCN6228

It's interesting to me how a lot of tree's leaves change colors top down.

natworldDSCN6201

May trees are beginning to have color at the top but only a few have fall leaves all the way down.

natworldDSCN6171

During the week we had some pretty days so I went on lunch time walks in downtown Durham, NC.

natworldDSCN6117

I think the sculpture fits in well with all the construction that continues in the city.

natworldDSCN6110

Durham auditorium is an attractive building in my opinion.

natworldDSCN6094

As you can see we haven't had a hard frost yet so lots of growth continues.

natworldDSCN6040

I think our average first frost date is late October.

enatworldDSCN6125

I think the earliest it has ever snowed in central NC where I live is November 11. I remember that because it snowed on my 30th birthday in 1987 and it was extraordinary.

natworldDSCN5923

Click for Our World Tuesday and click here for Nature Notes.

24 comments:

sallie (fulltime-Life.com) said...

I hope you have a snow-free birthday this year! Because your Autumn is way too wonderful to be over that soon.

Rambling Woods said...

So pretty and I know you enjoy cooler temps Carver. I like the sculpture.... And your area is so pretty to walk in... Michelle

Anonymous said...

Lovely autumnal colours.

Penelope Notes said...

Hope the frost is still far away. That is, indeed, such an elegant building. These moments you captured are a delight. I particularly like the little bird that looks like a fluffy bit of cotton with a beak … and the raindrops captured by a web.

Photo Cache said...

love the bird feeder. hey carver i learned that once we get out of school and start working the days and months just zoomed by. i remember when i was younger summer vacations took forever to end, i just couldn't wait to be with my friends at school again.

have a lovely week.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots of great variety.

Hootin Anni said...

Pretty scenes and buildings.
Snow? Oh boy.
Thank goodness only once where I live along the coast. And believe it or not it was snowing on CHRISTMAS EVE?!!!

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful captures for the day as always, Carver!! I do love the colors and, oh, that sweet little bird stole my heart!! Have a great week -- hopefully, a snow-free one!!

Fun60 said...

Love the fluffy bird. Hope the snow stays away just a bit longer for you.

Barb said...

Why is it that the older we get, the faster time seems to fly? I hope your fall gets a chance to flourish before any frost. Already, your foliage is gorgeous.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely autumnal photography ~ favorite, though, is the little fluffy bird ~ adorable!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor) ~ Happy Week to you!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

the leaves are turning beautiful, my friend's favourite season. Mine is spring which is what I am having now.

Kusum said...

Love that bird pic!

Andrea said...

Yes it's autumn and i would be seeing again the parade of wonderful colors in most of the blog posts. We don't have 4 seasons, you know, and i haven't experienced fall.

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Lovely colours and such a nice collection of images. Like the little bird in the bath.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Carver, cute shot of the Mocker in the bath? I love the sculpture! I hope the frost is a long way off. Lovely flowers.. Great post, thanks for sharing.. Have a happy week!

EG CameraGirl said...

The foliage is so beautiful there at the moment.

Gattina said...

The little bird is so cute ! It seems that autumn has arrived !
Here in Brussels the trees are still very green, quite unusual for the season !

Powell River Books said...

Fall is a beautiful time of year. Love the water drops on the spider web. - Margy

Karen said...

A wonderful autumn post Carver. That bird in the bath is sweet. Is it a Phoebe?

Indrani said...

Wonderful seires again. I liked so many of the , the red bird house and the bathing bird... too cute. :)

maryaustria said...

A gorgeous series of photos! Wonderful buildings and nature!

Florence said...

Love the color and the cooler temperature! Interesting sculpture too!

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry I am late commenting on this lovely series. All beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing :).

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019