Translate

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Today's Flowers: spotted on a short walk













Friday was a pleasant day so I walked to the pharmacy after work instead of stopping in my car on the way home.

todayflowersDSCN5791

I was specifically looking for flowers to photograph but this time of the year the trees and berries are starting to catch my eye as much as the flowers.

todayflowDSCN5777

We are still in the very early part of fall where I live but a few trees are changing colors.

todayflowersDSCN5802

Dogwood tree berries look like little jewels to my eye.

todayflowersDSCN5774

I don't know if they are going to plant the yellow mums or leave them in the pot but either way they look pretty.

todaysflowDSCN5806

The last shot is blurry because I shot while walking without slowing down but I kind of like the affect.

todaysflowersDSCN5781

Click for the home of Today's Flowers.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I love the look of the blurry photo. Fall in NC is the best - love all the colors we can see. Happy weekend!

DeniseinVA said...

Yes, the last shot is a nice effect, the feeling of motion. Beautiful photos Carver and I sure am glad you included the Dogwood berries. So pretty! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend :)

Indrani said...

Great series.
I like the tall cat. :)

Hannah said...

The fall color and berries are pretty, but I especially like the gorgeous purple flowers in the first photo.

Karen said...

A really lovely series Carver. I too enjoy the berries in the fall. I love that blurry shot!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the berries and the colourful leaves.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

They do look like jewels -- I need to go out and search for the dogwood that blooms near where we are now (at the Lake in Oregon)... of course this year we missed it in bloom.

Love the color and you could have said that you did the blurry one on purpose because it looks great -- like a swirl of falling leaves.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019