Translate

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Today's Flowers: Blooms, berries, seeds and leaves












My hydrangea bushes didn't flower very well this summer but I did have a few blooms that are changing colors as they fade into fall.

TodayflowersDSCN5896

I photographed a lot of flowers in different stages during lunch break walks in Durham, NC this week.

TodayflowersDSCN5915

We had some perfect days during the week.

TodayflowersDSCN5958

Not too hot, not too cold, just right . . .

todayflowersDSCN5987

I am enjoying being able to walk most days.

TodayflowersDSCN5993

I don't handle heat very well so summer is my least favorite time to walk.

todayflowersDSCN6060

This past summer was a mild one so I was able to get out more than most summers.

TodayflowersDSCN6063

I'm still glad to be heading into cool weather.

todayflowersDSCN6101

The last shot is obviously not flowers but fall leaves are starting to be a bright spot although we have a way to go for peak season.

TodayflowersDSCN6178

Click for the home of Today's Flowers.

12 comments:

Annie said...

A nice collection of photos! I love the colors in your hydrandgea. I don't enjoy extreme heat either but this summer wasn't too bad. Hope you are enjoying the autumn!

DeniseinVA said...

Another great series of photos Carver. I am not good in heat or humidity but you're right, it hasn't been that bad this summer. I am still loving the Fall weather though. Thank you for sharing and wishing you a very happy weekend.

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the seeds too. Have a wonderful weekend.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Beautiful pictures and wonderful flowers.
Let's enjoy the flowers will soon be winter.
Greetings.

sallie (fulltime-Life.com) said...

Such beautiful Fall colors. I'm getting afraid we might not see much red. it's been so warm here I'm afraid they won't turn before they fall. So thank you for showing yours!

Hydrangeas are pretty at all stages.

sunshine said...

Great series of photos.

Hannah said...

Lots of pretty flowers still to be seen on your walk. I look wistfully at the pretty lavender asters because all my asters died a couple of years ago and the ones I bought last fall, blooming, didn't come back this year. I grew some from seed so I hope they bloom next year.

Birgitta said...

Very nice collection of photos!

lina@women perspective said...

Wonderful varieties.
Enjoying your shots; thanks for stopping by :)

Pat's Addition said...

My hydrangeas took a real hit from the winter. They came back, but no flowers, and they're my summer favorite.

cedarmerefarm said...

I agree, fall weather is so much nicer than summer weather for walks. I like your last photo the best. The color contrast is very pretty.

Villrose said...

A wonderful time for walks (when not too wet) :-)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019