Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 4, 2011

SkyWatch Friday: Remembering Winter to cool off


We've had a lot of gray rainy skies lately and I didn't get any good sky shots this week.

001skywtrIMG_1155
Unfortunately the rain hasn't cooled us off enough to speak of.
001skywtIMG_1130
Therefore, I thought I'd go to winter shots I haven't used to at least cool myself off visually.
001skywtblIMG_1080
I am so ready for cooler weather I wouldn't even mind if we went straight to winter.
001skywtstIMG_1061
I particularly like the way snow looks against blue skies.
001skywtrIMG_1054
There's even a little blue poking through the next shot.
001skybtIMG_1032
I always think snowy trees against a blue sky look like the trees have been frosted with icing.
001skywptIMG_1030
I like the way the trees in the next shot still have some fall leaves as well as a little snow.
001skyfltIMG_1026
I don't know if the sky is really bluer in the winter but sometimes it seems to be a richer blue than during other times of the year.
001skywtIMG_1015
Click for the home of SkyWatch Friday.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea to share this out of season images. i really like winter days when the sky is blue, the sun is out and the ground is all covered in white.

it's drizzly here and cold. we are wearing sweaters in august, but i guess that's pretty normal for us here :)

Liz said...

These are all beautiful. Happy sky watching!

Liz @ A Simple Life

Rajesh said...

Wonderful winter shots with snow decorating the trees.

Pearl Maple said...

Beautiful collection of winter themed photos, that little sprinkle of white glitter makes everything sparkle

Carletta said...

Oh, I can feel the crisp air!
Love the look back.

My name is Riet said...

What a good idea to share some winter photo's. I love the snow

January Zelene said...

beautiful series of photos..:)

Visiting from SWF. Hope you can check my SkyWatch Friday too… thanks

Susan Demeter said...

Just surfing through, and I must say these winter shots are refreshing to behold :)

Ebie said...

Lovely contrast of the blue skies and the snow tops. I really could use some of the cool wind to cool off our triple digit temps here.

Have a great weekend!

Indrani said...

This is refreshing. :)

Pat said...

Ahhh, I feel much cooler after viewing your wintry scenes! Great idea. The sky is a beautiful deep blue backdrop for the snow-laden branches.

Pat said...

Ahhh, I feel much cooler after viewing your wintry scenes! Great idea. The sky is a beautiful deep blue backdrop for the snow-laden branches.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely shots Carver. I do not mind the heat and enjoy it more than the snow. Happy skywatching!

Karen said...

Hot and humid here too. Your great photos have me wishing for snow!

SandyCarlson said...

Your snow has cooled me off this evening! Thanks.

nancy said...

I've never experience winter so photos like these really stuns me every time.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful snowy shots! Winter will be here before we know it! ;-)

nonizamboni said...

Oh, I feel much better now. I've been thinking of winter myself but its so darned long up here. Thanks for sharing!

EG CameraGirl said...

Thanks, I feel cooler now. :)

Melusine said...

Very nice winter set!
After two weeks in Spain it's quite strange to see snow :)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019