Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our World Tuesday: Photo Walking

I took so many shots of my New Year's Eve walk that I'm going to use some I haven't posted yet.
ourwortDSCN0268
I've already used shots from this same walk on several other posts, but I took a ton of pictures so have many more to choose from.
ourwortDSCN0252
The great blue heron below almost looked like a sentinel guarding the lake.
ourwortDSCN0214
After I zoomed in on the heron, it looked like he was standing on one foot.
ourwortDSCN0212
I need to get motivated to walk more even if its mostly a photo walk.
ourwortDSCN0207
It doesn't take as much energy to walk if I stop every few steps and take a picture.
ourwortDSCN0161
The main thing photo walks take is time.
ourworltDSCN0305
It can take 2 or even 3 times as long to walk around the lake when I take a lot of photographs.
ourworltDSCN0277
Sometimes I'm astonished to realize how long a walk has taken until I consider that I've taken hundreds of photographs.
ourworltDSCN0199
Even when I don't spend a lot of time composing each shot, the click, click clicks add up.
ourworltDSCN0101
I haven't taken very many pictures in the new year but I made up for that on the last day of the old year.
ourworldtDSCN0109
I particularly like to catch reflections in water.
ourworldtDSCN0106
The evergreens around the lake keep some green going year round.
ourworldDSCN0131
This post is getting longer than I intended.
ourowrtDSCN0312
I didn't count the shots as I uploaded some on flickr to use.
ourowrtDSCN0297
Once they were uploaded I realized I'd picked more than I meant to.
ourowrtDSCN0235
Ironically, it takes more time to be selective and choose a few than it does to wind up with longer posts.
ourowrtDSCN0164
The main problem with picking too many shots for a post is I run out of things to say.
ourowrtDSCN0120
Rather boring of me to have nothing to write about except to say I have nothing to say.
ourwortDSCN0303

15 comments:

Penelope Postcards said...

I especially like the second to last shot, Carver. What a great perspective and reflections. It would be nice to soar over that scene like the birds do. Meanwhile, we will have to settle for good long walks while on our photographic journeys. :)

Whispering Thoughts said...

Amazing photographs, especially the ones with the birds.

Cezar and Léia said...

Lovely birds and wonderful images, very well captured!I imagine the nature is anxious waiting for Spring!
Hugs
Léia

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You never have nothing to say Carver. (I started to erase that with that double negative, but I have a feeling you'll know what I mean!).... I always love your "walkie" posts with your comments that make me feel as if I were walking right along with you...just the kind of succinct observations it seems like we might talk about as we walked...not a lot of conversation, just a few remarks as we enjoy the beauty. Keep it up!!!

Maude Lynn said...

You caught some gorgeous reflections!

Sylvia K said...

What marvelous capture of the birds, Carver!! I really love the close-up one where I can see the gulls eyes!! Beautiful! Wonderful reflections! Hope you have a great week!

Karen said...

Oh now that's a great series! Thanks for taking us on your walk.

eileeninmd said...

Hi Carver, I enjoy looking at the photos, so keep them coming. It is a pretty place to walk and I love the birds. Have a great week!

Gemma Wiseman said...

An amazing collection of lake views! So very beautiful! Adore the heron sentinel! I relate to long walks and lots of photos! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for these nice impressions of your environment. Please have a good Tuesday.

carol l mckenna said...

Absolutely wonderful photography and think how much fun that walk was seeing all these wonderful sights ~

A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

Ebie said...

This is the kind of walk I like, enjoying those beautiful creatures. The place is just a haven for photographers!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Amazingly beautiful shots!

Judy said...

Awesome Carver! I love them all!

Black Jack's Carol said...

I especially love your reflective Cormorant shots, Carver, but all of these photos are lovely, and your commentary was fun too. I could relate to your thought about the time it takes to sort through photos, and the one about stopping to take photos allowing for some rest time.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019