Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Our World Tuesday: Wintry Mix

Thursday night we finally got a little snow.
ourwortDSCN1113
It was coming down hard for a while but later switched to freezing rain that beat down the snow and formed an ice layer over night.
ourwortDSCN1148
The next morning it looked like snow until I got out and started crunching ice with each step.
ourwortDSCN1172
I would still like a nice fluffy snow but this was better than nothing.
ourwortDSCN1197
My St. Francis statue was adorned with an ice cap.
ourwortDSCN1215
Some of the trees had a little bit of the white stuff.
ourwortDSCN1225
I put out a few treats for the birds.
ourwortDSCN1249
My stone frog wore icy garments for a while.
ourwortDSCN1260
Some premature camellias wore icy hats.
ourwortDSCN1264
The ivy went snap, crackle, pop when I walked through it.
ourwortDSCN1285
The nandina berries looked pretty in their winter clothes.
ourwortDSCN1297
On closer inspection you can see how the ice formed over the snow.
ourwortDSCN1301
I bet the female cardinal's feet were cold.
ourwortDSCN1316
By Sunday most of the ice and snow was melted and I caught an air ballet at the lake performed by the gulls.
ourworldtueDSCN1546
I spotted a great blue heron high up in a pine tree.
ourworltuDSCN1492

23 comments:

lissa said...

snow always looks so magical to me. thanks for sharing them here. no snow where I am though it's freezing.

hope you have a great day.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Snow! so many views of it and all lovely. (Could I just come and spend a couple of days to see what it's like?)

Judy said...

You got some pretty shots of the snow!

Cezar and Léia said...

The snow pictures are awesome, I specially love the sculpture with snow!
brrr it's cold there!
Stay warm dear friend,
hugs
Léia

Anonymous said...

j'aime bien le deuxième cliché et aussi la statue

Penelope Notes said...

I tried photographing snow, too, during a recent and equally short snowfall and it was impossible. That is why I am so impressed with your first shot in this post. Also, such great commentary to go with the pictures … air ballet … snap, crackle, pop really stood out and brought this snowy cold moment to life!

EG CameraGirl said...

The snow and ice look so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Amazing egret shot. Here's wishing you more lovely snow!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Carver!
You and winter are the true artists.
Regards

Rajesh said...

Wonderful winter shots. That blue heron looks great.

eileeninmd said...

Carver, pretty snowy scenes. I love the shot of the snow at night. And another favorite was the gulls in flight shot. Lovely images. Have a happy week!

Anna said...

So beautiful, Carver!
Love the variety of it...
Have a nice week and warm greetings from Holland,
Anna

Sylvia K said...

What wonderful, snowy captures for the day, Carver! Snow does indeed create a magical look!! Hope you have a lovely week! Enjoy!!

DeniseinVA said...

I do love your snowy pictures. I know snow makes life difficult for people to get around, but I enjoy the snow and we haven't had any so far this year.

Photo Cache said...

more snow, or first snow of the season? it looks pretty cold in there.

Fun60 said...

The icy snow has a charm all of its own. Well captured.

Karen said...

We only have a light dusting of snow. I enjoyed your icy tour. The bird captures are great!

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful wintry photography ~

Come to New England ~ Snowing now and tomorrow and wintry cold snap after ~

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love these photos of your winter world! The berries and ice are absolutely stunning and adore the heron dreaming in his pine tree!

Luna Miranda said...

i can still vividly remember the first time i experienced snow. we all stood in the middle of the street like kids--and i was with Americans---but we were in Texas.:p they were as fascinated as I was!

your St. Francis statue looks cold.:p

Indrani said...

Wow! Truly fantastic shots!

Dana said...

Wonderful pics! I love the contrast between the ice and the red berries.

genie said...

What a wonderful variety of winter shots. You have given us a little bit of everything. The frog is so cute with his icy coat. Beautiful bird and berry shots. genie

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019