Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 24, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Blue Skies Dominate for a Change

After one snowy wintery mix evening, blue has dominated the sky for a change.
skywatfDSCN1155
I've enjoyed the blue skies because we've had more than our share of gray.
skywatfDSCN1268
We did have one late afternoon that made me think of Edgar Allen Poe.
skywatfDSCN1384
I like the way the afternoon light hit the bare branches in the next shot.
skywatfDSCN1365
There is a bronze quality to winter afternoon light on the trees, when the sun is out.
skyatfDSCN1354
There is a small moon in the next shot on the left.
skywatfDSCN1352
Then I zoomed in on the moon for a closer look.
skyatfDSCN1345
On a weekend walk I took a bunch of shots of the gulls at the lake.
skywatfDSCN1548
 It was chilly and they were very active.
skywatfriDSCN1543
I definitely made up for an absence of blue in prior weeks by shooting the blue skies during this week.
      skywatfDSCN1505
I took a lot of pictures of the great blue heron in the pine tree and have already posted other shots of this same bird.
skywatfDSCN1491
Every morning the cedar waxwings gather in the tree over my deck and wait for me to get the ice out of the bird bath and add fresh water.
skywatfDSCN1570
Another shot of the moon several days after the one I posted before.
skywatfDSCN1712
The American Robins also watch for fresh water.
sjtwatDSCN1624
Below is a cedar waxwing I shot another morning.
skywatfDSCN1617
And here's a group of them on yet another morning.
skywatfrDSCN1742

19 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

All cool shots, Carver, I especially LOVE the first one!

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful pictures, I like to see the changes and contrastes! I also love the pictures of the gulls, just adorable!
Well done!
Léia

Ramakrishnan said...

Loved all the pics. They are all incredibly beautiful and mesmerizing !

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots of the birds - love the one in the tree! I love the snowy shot at the start too.

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Carver!
Every your photo is lovely.
Each delights.
Regards.
Lucia

Photo Cache said...

Oh I love the wintry image shot. Of course I love all of them, but that one the most.

Karen said...

Love that first shot! I'd love to see blue skies again!

HansHB said...

A great serie of photos!
Well done!

Kay L. Davies said...

Love the cedar waxwings, and the robin, and the Poe-ish picture, but my favorite is the first shot.
K

eileeninmd said...

Great collection of photos, Carver! I love your moon shot and the snow falling at night. Wonderful birds and scenery. Have a great weekend and happy skywatching!

Sylvia K said...

Terrific captures, Carver, and such lovely skies and terrific captures of the such wonderful birds!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots with such lovely birds.

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous collection of photos celebrating the best of the season

Anonymous said...

j'adore la photo avec l'héron

Smalltown RN said...

Fantastic collection of photos..I am however really drawn to your photos of the birds...I finally posted a few new pictures of birds on my birding blog...I need to get out more with my camera...Happy Friday to you!

Jidhu Jose said...

superb shots

My Skywatch

Powell River Books said...

Great bird pictures. - Margy

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love the blue skies, the beautifully graceful bare branches, the contrasts....and I'm not even going to say anything about he waxwings, because I already said it all on the other blog post.! Wonderful series.

Indrani said...

It is pleasing when blue dominates.
Great shots!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019