Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our World Tuesday: Counting the days to winter

Since I'm counting the days to winter, I'll begin with a late December shot I took of a male cardinal in my pecan tree. The rest of the shots were taken over the past few days or so.
0001ourworswIMG_0925
The next shot is a recent one I took of a male cardinal in the same pecan tree.
01ourwortDSCN4642
I've been shooting the cardinals in the pecan tree quite a bit lately as they dry off from a bath on my deck. Below is a female cardinal bathing. She's having a bad hair moment.
01ourwordDSCN4629 
The next two shots are of a male house finch bathing on my deck.
01ourwortfDSCN4772
There are dozens of finches that live in my yard and bathe on my deck.
01ourworthDSCN4777
The rain bowed some of my crepe myrtle blossoms low enough for macro shots.
01ourwortDSCN4860
The next shot is a wider one of my crepe myrtle tree.
01ourworltDSCN4834

16 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

Stunning pics of the cardinal. The first one with snow in the back ground is awesome.

Whispering Thoughts said...

Mesmerizing shots

Anonymous said...

je découvre cet oiseau

ZielonaMila said...

All wonderful photographs. I am greeting

Penelope Postcards said...

What a way to cool off! The contrasting white and red make a nice photo at the top but seeing snow was a bit of a shock. :) The bathing bird is so cute with its disheveled feathers!

Unknown said...

Just love those bath shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Fun60 said...

That cardinal is just beautiful.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I love the cardinal's "bad feather day" shot!! How fun! Such lovely birds and flowers and it's wonderful to see the difference in the seasons! Delightful post for the day, Carver! Hope you have a great week!

Snap said...

I love watching the birds bathing ... so funny --especially when they are having a bad hair day! I'm waiting for some cooler weather -- if you find some, Share! :D :D

fjällripan said...

Great series, öove the cardinal in the snow!! :)

eileeninmd said...

Great shots of your nirds, Carver! The crepe myrtle is one of my favorites. The blooms are so pretty. Thanks for sharing, have a great day.

Indrani said...

Snow can wait, I want to enjoy the flowers you present. :)

Anonymous said...

Waiting for winter? Not me - I love autumn!

Wonderful shots - love the wet birds.

Janet said...

How pretty! Both the cardinals and the crepe myrtles.

Kay L. Davies said...

The crepe myrtle is magnificent, Carver, but my favorite photo has to be the bad hair day!
K

jewaicious said...

I delight in looking at your bird captures. The cardinal within the whiteness of the snow is stunning.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019