Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Our World Tuesday: Morning Walk

Friday morning was cool enough to get me out for an early walk.
ourworsbDSCN4997
I knew that it was going to be hot later in the day but it was very pleasant when I was walking.
ourworphDSCN5037
I wouldn't have been so motivated to walk, knowing that our 10 day forecast called for much cooler weather every day beginning on Saturday, except for the fact that thunderstorms were forecast for most of those days.
ourwobDSCN5011
Friday was the only day that was forecast to be sunny all day.
ourwortsDSCN4984
After a very hot summer it has been a blessed relief to have a much cooler August.
ourwortsDSCN4982
I have noticed that happening other years (August being much cooler and more pleasant than July or even June) in the central part of North Carolina where I live..
ourwortcDSCN4994
It was quiet at the lake near my house where I like to walk. There weren't many people which I prefer when walking.
ourworsDSCN5015
Everything has stayed green with all the rain we've had this summer.
ourworpgDSCN5146
During part of my walk it was a foggy which I love.
ourwormsDSCN5019
The sun was getting started as it pushed through the trees.
ourworltDSCN4976
I like the way the sun is almost like a jewel in the top left corner of the photo below.
ourworlDSCN5115
I noticed a lot of wood on the lake which I'm sure is due to the many storms we've had this summer tossing debris out of the trees and into the water.
ourworlDSCN5021
I spotted a great blue heron on the lake.
ourworgbhDSCN5186
I've missed photographing them this summer because I haven't been walking hardly at all.
ourworgbhDSCN5184
They are such patient fishers.
ourworgbhDSCN5168
There were a lot of different kinds of ducks and geese on the lake.
ourwordDSCN5091
I am glad that summer is almost over. I can hardly wait for fall.
ourworbDSCN5050
I like seasonal changes and wouldn't want to live somewhere that didn't have all four seasons but I wouldn't mind a shorter summer.
ourwobDSCN5024
You probably can't see them very well but in the shot below there are many ducks and geese which look like little dots.
ourwdDSCN5094

23 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Thank you for taking us on this great walk. All those photos were fantastic but that first one was magical. Have a great week Carver.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

A wonderful walk -- I'm glad your weather has moderated enough to make it possible for you to get out there. I can't seem to motivate myself for long walks these days and I don't have the heat as an excuse. Maybe this beautiful post will help energize me.

Ramakrishnan said...

Thanks for sharing these fascinating and incredibly beautiful pics. Filled me so much joy and happiness !

Whispering Thoughts said...

I enjoyed your walk totally.

Penelope Notes said...

I, too, love early morning walks in the quiet when it is a bit cool and the sun is just starting to break through the trees and casting a soft light on the pathways and water. Your photos express that mood beautifully. The changing seasons are such an important part of my West Coast life. Each has something special to offer.

ZielonaMila said...

All photographs are very nice, fantastic place. I love such views. I am greeting

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Carver, this place is a kind of paradise, your pictures are very beautiful!
Léia

Patricia said...

Beautiful photos! I love the first one and the one where the sun looks like a jewel. Have a nice week.

Indrani said...

This series is fantastic! Love the critter captures.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. Nice place for early morning walk.

Sylvia K said...

Such a gorgeous place to walk! Another terrific series, Carver! I, too, love the critter captures! Hope you have more lovely weather, cool weather!

Unknown said...

Beautiful series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Snap said...

What a gorgeous walk! The great blue heron is one of my favorite birds. I enjoyed your shots of the mist burning off but have to say the first shot just knocked my socks off (if I'd been wearing any socks) ... the way you captured the sun coming through the trees ... WOW!

Carola said...

Beautiful collection of nature photos. The heron with reflection is outstanding.

Dianne said...

Thank you for my early morning walk ... Wow! your captures of the blue heron are stunning.
Have a lovely week.

Rambling Woods said...

Funny as there is a belted kingfisher fishing the pond as I type. You got a great photo of a female (red band)..and the herons are amazing..glad you were able to get out..I hear you about the heat..Michelle

eileeninmd said...

Lovely scenery, Carver! The Kingfisher, GB Heron and ducks are all wonderful birds. The first shot with the rays coming thru the trees looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing, have a great day.

Fun60 said...

Loved being taken on the walk with you. Those misty photos and then the close up of the heron were great shots.

Anonymous said...

j'adore cette vue sur le lac et aussi ce ponton de bois et puis cet héron

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - the light in the first shot is magical and I love the blue heron looking at its reflection.

Fab shots!

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful photos!
What a lovely place to walk.
Thanks for sharing from your wonderful walk.

Latane Barton said...

I loved taking your walk. Such beautiful, peaceful surroundings.

Black Jack's Carol said...

I agree with the comment about the magical quality in your first photo, and was curious about the bird at the top of the tree in the third. Is that a King Fisher? Also wondered what kind of ducks those are and absolutely loved the Blue Heron. Very beautiful post overall. It seems strange to read of someone longing for the end of summer. My whole life, it has been Winter that people feel overstays its welcome (less so in Vancouver). Here's to perfect walking weather :)

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019