Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 2, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: In between the storms

Sometimes it seems like all our skies are gray and stormy lately.
skywatfbcDSCN4616
Looking through my shots I realize there has been a bit of blue making an appearance with the clouds.
skywtclDSCN4582
I'm glad we've had a lot of rain this summer because as hot as its been the plants would have all died of thirst without it.
skywatftDSCN4594
Even when its not raining it has been so humid it has felt like rain.
skywatclDSCN4587
My crepe myrtle trees add some color to the sky with their reddish pink blooms.
skywatcmDSCN4572
Even with a lot of rain my flowers (other than tree blossoms) haven't done well with the extreme heat.
skywatcmDSCN4549
I like the bands of blue and white in the sky.
skywatbcDSCN4542
Makes me think of stripped blankets.
skywlDSCN4548
I am glad to see an end to July. Hopefully it will start to get cooler in August.
skywatcmDSCN4539

20 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

Superb pics.Thanks for sharing.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Fantastic photography ~ love sky pics ~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor)

ps. Great to have you come visit ~

Penelope Notes said...

The tree blossoms do add a nice contrast to the cloudy skies. The hope for perfect weather springs eternal. I like a nice balance between the rain and sunshine and it is always nice when rain clouds do the watering of my garden. :)

Whispering Thoughts said...

A beautiful sky captured beautifully. The climate is pretty much the same here as you described it.

ZielonaMila said...

Fine observation, I love such views. I am greeting

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy August! Your blue skies peeking out from the fluffy clouds are pretty, and I can't get too much crepe myrtle -- love that tree.

Randi said...

Love your blue sky colour! Your myrtle tree is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely clouds in those blue skies. It has been humid here too and we are just not used to that in So Cal at all. I am really looking forward to Autumn.

Unknown said...

Beautiful skies, and blooms. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

VALKYRIEN said...

Lovely shots of beautiful skies!

Sylvia K said...

Lovely skies and the cloud formations are wonderful! I love the crepe myrtle! Great captures for the day, Carver, as always! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!!

Gunsside said...

Looks like you had the weather you wanted, lovely myrtle and great blue sky :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Well. your skies in these photos look wonderful. I guess you don't have a drought where you are.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of cloudy sky.

NatureStop said...

Beautiful skies and well captured! Have a great weekend!

Shantana

thomas said...

Beautiful sky,love the cloud.

Chubskulit Rose said...

These are all delightful Carver! Happy sky watching and a great weekend too.

Your comment on my Sky Shot will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for the rain! It makes the skies so lovely and clean.

Lovely shots of your blue skies.

VALKYRIEN said...

Great shots of the between storms! Nice captures!

Rambling Woods said...

I would take the stormy if it meant rain here..

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019