Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 30, 2012

SkyWatch Friday: A little bit of everything

There has been a lot of variety in the sky where I live over the past week or so.
skywatfrDSCN5897
I had trouble deciding which shots to use.
skywatDSCN5927
I ended up picking a little bit of everything.
skywatDSCN5921
This time of the year always tends to be good for cloud watching in North Carolina.
skywatDSCN5916
I don't even have to leave my yard to get a lot of variety in skywatching.
skywatDSCN5903
I've been walking more so I also have a lot of shots from Shelley Lake.
skywfDSCN5842
I like to catch the sky reflected in water.
skywfDSCN5816
I also shoot the sky over the dam where I can't see the water.
skywfDSCN5813
Some of the crepe myrtle trees are still blooming.
skywatfDSCN5867
We have had more blue mixed in with the clouds lately.
skywatfDSCN5853
It's nice to see some blue after all of our rain this summer.
skywatfDSCN5851
As I've said many time, I'm glad we've had plenty of rain to offset the heat but now that it's cooler I welcome some sun.
skywatfDSCN5841
It's still warm but that's relative. It's a lot cooler than the severe heat we've had much of the summer.
skywatfDSCN5838
I like the way the sun is making a brave effort below.
skywfDSCN5747
It almost looks more like the moon than the sun.
skywatfDSCN5741
The shots started with yesterday and have moved back through the days covering 8 different days.
skywtfDSCN5543
The way the sun is trying to break through below makes the clouds look like satin.
skywatfDSCN5576
I like the varied texture and illumination in the sky.
skywatfDSCN5574
This post seems to be getting rather long.
skywatfDSCN5559
One way I know it's getting long is I run out of things to say.
skywatfDSCN5526
I always pick out my shots for a post first and then try to think of something to say in between the shots.
skywatfDSCN5521
The problem with that method is I will still have shots I've selected but can't think of a narrative to weave in between them.
skywatfDSCN5505
It's probably a bad sign when I start boring myself.
skywatfDSCN5426
I'm nearing the end of the shots I picked out.
skywfridDSCN5321
I've almost put myself to sleep so don't feel bad if you're yawning.
skywatfsDSCN5335

20 comments:

Penelope Postcards said...

The moon looks so incredibly close … mysterious but reachable. And the man, bench and dog silhouetted against the sky also makes an interesting picture. Some of these photos speak for themselves but I always enjoy your commentary.

Mildred said...

Gorgeous set! Love the shot of the moon! So nicely captured!
The sky here has been also very changing with many clouds in diverse shapes!
Thanks for sharing. And thanks for your lovely comment in "Retales Visuales"!

***
Hope you are having a fabulous week****

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Welcome Craver!
Nice to see such great pictures.
Wonderful blues, greens.
I am glad that I came back from vacation.
I cordially greet.
Łucja

Anonymous said...

All your shots are lovely!

Anonymous said...

every week you capture some amazing skies. hope your summer is wonderful so far. i'm back to blogging.

Whispering Thoughts said...

With pictures as lovely as those, one can never get bored. I loved that moon shot. And all others too.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like your self-deprecating humor, but you're mistaken if you think you've bored me....I like the variety of skies and I love how you weave snippets of your life in between your beautiful pix.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful set of images. I love that moon shot.

HansHB said...

This is so good!
A great sky post!

eileeninmd said...

Carver, wonderful collection of photos. The lake scenery and the clouds are beautiful. The moon is a gorgeous shot. Happy Skywatching!

Sylvia K said...

Such amazing and wonderful skies and superb captures as always, Carver! I love the moon! Happy SWF! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!!

Emily Brisse said...

Cumulus clouds are my favorite; such peace. My favorite photo here is the one with the man walking his dog in front of a big sky!

Indrani said...

You do have a good variety here. All are pleasing shots.

Chubskulit Rose said...

There's something in that second shot that is so captivating.!

My Sky Shots
Have a great weekend.

Gillian Olson said...

Beautiful skies and reflections; nice to see the blue and the moon.

lina@women said...

Wonderful moon, clouds, skies and reflections. Love them all :)

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful photographs, fantastic places. Admiring such views is very joy. I am greeting

January Zelene said...

i like the moon so much.. wonderful! :)

Visiting from SkyWatch Friday… Festive Sky

Jane said...

Awesome shots, thanks for sharing:)

Unknown said...

Love those moody shots!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019