Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, November 17, 2008

That's My World Tuesday

I live in the North Carolina piedmont near the center of the state in an area known as the triangle. The triangle originally referred to the three major research universities which are located in this area, and later also included the Research Triangle Park (RTP) after it was started in 1959. For this post I'll show specific examples of how each of the towns comprising the triangle are part of my world.



North Carolina State University (NCSU) is located in Raleigh where I live. The top left shot was taken at NCSU’s Raulston Arboretum. The company I work for is headquartered in Durham which also is the town where Duke University is located. The top right shot was taken at Duke Gardens. The University of North Carolina (UNC) is located in Chapel Hill where I go for melanoma follow up appointments. The bottom left shot is of a courtyard in the center of UNC Hospitals. The bottom right shot was taken near the RTP exit when I was driving to Durham to pick up some work.

To see other parts of the world please visit That's My World Tuesday.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos,Carver! I love that first shot!~

Have a great week ahead!

Anonymous said...

Great photos and such lovely looking spots to sit for a spell. I haven't done my My World Tuesday post yet. I'm still trying to get through my Monday memes. :-)

 gmirage said...

Nature in your world is surely magnificent! Citizens surely took time beautifying the area, all of the photos are wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Triangular World.
Good.

Photo Cache said...

There is always something going on in a university town, and you have three.

I love that you made a collage with these.

Barbara said...

You have some lovely places to visit in the triangle.

Guy D said...

Wonderful pics with great colors. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carver: So you are in the middle of prime college basketball country. Nice set of photos.

Jeanne said...

Love that there's such a nice beautiful spot to sit and watch the world go by or study a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Carletta said...

Beautiful images of the area Carver!
You certainly have a lot of world you can share with us.

Leslie: said...

Lovely spot to sit a spell and meditate.

Indrani said...

Wow! Triangle of research universities! Every body living there must be very intelligent too.

Anonymous said...

So that's why it's called the triangle. I had heard that expression, but never knew why that area of North Carolina was called that. What a good idea to assemble those photos into a collage. Nice!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely area. The Duke campus is quite striking. So is UNC, but in a very different way.

Sandra said...

Wow - so many beautiful pictures in post, I really like them all. Thank you for your visit and greetings from Croatia.

SandyCarlson said...

You could never run out of interesting things to see, do, and learn where you are! I love your adventurous eye!

Arija said...

Thank you for showing us your world and a little of your personal life.
I wish you all the best. Hugs.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

a very nice photo montage...thanks for sharing a little bit about your corner of the world in north carolina.
have a wonderful week.

erin in virginia

mommanator said...

your world is so pretty, resplendid with such differences in fauna & flora! Love the pic of the leaves turning color, miss that here

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful place, all of them. Not like the bermuda triangle then.... *giggles*

I so wish that I could "beam" myself over there.

Louise said...

You have a beautiful triangle there! Nice post!

becky aka theRAV said...

I am sure Paulie or Perbs would love these benches. She has a blog about them.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019