Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 4, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: Spring

We've had a lot of interesting clouds this spring.
skywatfDSCN5497
I'm starting with shots I took on April 3 and will be working backwards to the end of March.
skywatfDSCN5498b
I always take a lot of shots when we have the dense quilted looking skies.
skywfDSCN5501
The first day of April was almost all blue skies.
skywatcDSCN5442b
The white blossoms go so well with blue.
skywatDSCN5452
Although many trees are still bare more and more are starting to bloom.
skywatfDSCN5451
I took a lot of shots on a stormy day when the sky was ominous.
skkywfDSCN5426
Shortly before sunset some blue broke through.
skywfDSCN5410
I enjoy dramatic skies.
skywfDSCN5419
There is something very sci-fi about these shots to me.
skywfDSCN5422
I had trouble deciding which to use so I'm using quite a few.
skywfDSCN5423
For part of another day we had soft blue in the sky.
skywfDSCN5374
We had one day with some pretty sunset colors.
skywfDSCN5441
North east of the sunset the trees were shaded rust.
skywatDSCN5322
I always look on the opposite side of where the sun is setting because the light on the trees is often pretty.
skywfDSCN5337
The last shot is on the part of the sky where the sun was going down, or rather already had set.
skywfDSCN5340

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Stunning shots! Love the drama and those blossoms.

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful photographs, wonderful spring views:) I am greeting

Photo Cache said...

I do the same thing Carver. I take a LOT of shots when there's puffy clouds overhead, well when I like the sky I just go overboard with the camera.

Happy April. Happy spring. It's kinda wet here right now. Rain thru the weekend they say.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The white blossoms against the blue sky are just elegant! Just love all your April skies -- perfectly shows how changeable this time of the year can be.

And I love your daff..oops -- narcissis header shot!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful early shots of the spring. Love those blooms.

Steffi said...

Wow!Stunning spring photos,Carver!I can´t wait to see finally our spring here!
Have a nice weekend!

Sylvia K said...

Such a glorious collection of skies for the day, Carver! Dramatic ones, peaceful ones! You've really had them all and such terrific captures as always!! And I love the blooms and flowers, too!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

HansHB said...

Great serie of photos. Lovely blue sky!

Jidhu Jose said...

awesome pics

Whispering Thoughts said...

Wonderful collection

Anonymous said...

Lots and lots of great shots of various sky looks ~ It is so amazing ~ gem of nature ~ ^_^

Indrani said...

Great series of sky shots!

lina@womens perspectives said...

Enjoying your wonderful sky shot series!

Nisha said...

Stunning shots! Love the drama.

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Wonderful sky shots, Carver, I love those soft clouds in the blue sky.
The blooming is truly amazing. Overhere spring still has to start.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019