Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Nature Notes and Our World Tuesday: End of October and beginning of November


I had 13 mourning doves on my deck one afternoon but I didn't get them all into one shot.

natworldDSCN7351

A mockingbird joined them for a sip of water.

natworldDSCN7356

I spotted the Great Blue Heron at Lake Lynn which is a few miles from my house.

natworldDSCN7391

The next Great Blue Heron was also at Lake Lynn.

natworldDSCN7397

My bittersweet berries are bursting out.

natworldDSCN7402

Next, a male cardinal on my deck.

natworldDSCN7412

Below is an American Robin looking soft and beautiful.

natworldDSCN7505

I think robins look totally different when they face the camera like the one below with their beaks foreshortened.

natworldDSCN7506

More and more of the leaves in my neck of the woods (central NC) are changing colors.

natworldDSCN7524

My wooden deck furniture is playing host to lichen.

natworldDSCN7563

The next shot of bittersweet berries shows it holding onto the rain.

natworldDSCN7595

The last two shots were taken at Shelley Lake.

natworldDSCN7634

Shelley Lake is in my neighborhood and is the lake I walk at the most.

natworldDSCN7635

Click for Nature Notes and here for Our World Tuesday.

16 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You really do live in an amazing place! Of course you have made your yard a bird haven, it wasn't just luck! And the birds are wonderful. I've noticed that about robins before, they look so different from the front.

Your lake and the fall colors are beautiful

Anonymous said...

You captured so many lovely birds!

Penelope Notes said...

The lichen looks like an artsy wall plaque and the red/white berries with the water droplets seem almost touchable and oh so Christmassy!

Adam Jones said...

I love the Mockingbird and actually all of your pictures.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Love the blue heron. Such a variety of birds on your doorstep.

carol l mckenna said...

How wonderful! ~ Lovely series of nature shots ~ love them all ~cute little birdie faces too!

Happy Week to you!
artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Sylvia K said...

Wonderful nature and bird shots as always, Carver!! I do love the heron! So much beauty! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great new week!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Carver, lovely shots of your birds. I love the pretty colored trees around the lake.. The robin do look different looking directly at their faces.. Cute! Have a happy week!

Linda said...

So beautiful and refreshing, Carver!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful series of shots from nature.

Anonymous said...

So much to see here! Your shot of the heron with the yellow background is stunning!

Indrani said...

Beautiful surroundings you have!
Great series!

Existe Sempre Um Lugar said...

Boa tarde, Perfeita reportagem fotográfica sobre a natureza que encanta, assim como as suas fotos que são muito belas.
AG

Anonymous said...

Great photos Carver, especially the Bittersweet berries.

Rambling Woods said...

Love the berries and the birds..I have a lot of doves here too. They know where the winter water and food is...Michelle

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Welcome Carver!
I am delighted with photographs of birds and dark berries.
I have to look on the internet what the plant.
Greetings from Polish.
Lucia

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019