Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Our World Tuesday: Everyday Things


Sunday was a rainy day and I found myself photographing mud and moss. My feet also got into the shot.

ourworldtuesDSCN0628
On another day my feet, in another pair of funny shoes, got into a shot of the butterfly weed.
ourwortDSCN0587
I'm glad we're having a wet spring because it makes the plants happy.
ourworltDSCN0639
The shot below of my oak tree bark was odd to me because it had been pouring rain. The rain had slowed to a drizzle when I went out but it seemed strange that one section of the tree was dry while the rest was wet.
ourworttDSCN0631
My neighbor has reassured me that their cats don't catch birds but these shots show they do try.
ourworldtcDSCN0550
Black Jack not only perched in my dogwood tree he started climbing when he heard the birds.
ourworltcDSCN0492
I keep my backyard gate shut and so far the cats haven't tried to climb the fence, so the birds can bathe on my deck in peace.
ourworldtueDSCN0523
My city has a law against cats being allowed to leave their owners houses and yards but that law is ignored by some. I have mixed feelings about it but I'm pretty tolerant since I think the birds are generally able to get away from the cats. I keep my backyard protected at this point (at least until the cats start climbing my fence).
ourworspDSCN0528
I like the way flowers look on the ground after they drop.
ourwortDSCN0473
Click for the home of Our World Tuesday. I'm posting early because I've had trouble lately with setting posts to auto publish later. Not sure why they aren't publishing when I set them up to post later anymore. For the time being, I'm going to go ahead and post after writing them, even if they are early for the meme.

17 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely springtime shots! We have the same cat law in our city, which no one adheres to, and they do kill birds in my yard! I'm not fond of roaming cats.

Whispering Thoughts said...

I like the pictures of the birds very much. We too are having wet spring this year.

Cezar and Léia said...

Great captures, I hope black kitty there only might be curious about the birds. ;)
Little Luna is an indoor cat and she only see the birds by our window here.
The flower is adorable with the rain!
hugs and a nice week,
Léia

Penelope Notes said...

Your last shot of the white camellias in the dark fallen leaves is lovely. We have wandering cats in my area and I enjoy seeming them for the most part … pets without the responsibility of ownership. :) However, when the chickadees start nesting it is stressful when the babies arrive. The cats always seem to be waiting to pounce. Nature is such a contrast of violence and nurturing aspects.

Anonymous said...

Lovely shots!

We're having snow and rain here too... hardly any spring flowers yet either.

MaR said...

Your bird pictures are simply amazing! beautiful springtime, it is still too cold here but there is hope :)

Our World Tuesday

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots, very interesting variety.

Sylvia K said...

What a wonderful look at your world in spring, Carver! I do love the birds! Ah, the cats do have a problem ignoring the birds!! Lovely post for the day as always! Have a great week!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Great photo of the White-throated Sparrow!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm not so sure I'd believe your neighbour about what her cat can and cannot do. L((

Snap said...

Lovely! Loved your shoes.:D :D Kitties and birds ... just go together. My kitties get to watch the action from the windows. Always fun to watch the birds in the bath.

Anonymous said...

The cat is beautiful yet I fear it's caught birds and is very good at doing so. May your birds continue to bathe and eat in peace.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

I've seen too many cats succeed in their mission, so I'm not quite so calm about them. (I like cats, we always had one until we started traveling.)

Your birds and flowers are wonderful.
I have the second pair of weird shoes (in a different color) and wear them all the time (in the RV Park anyway).

Al said...

Wow, Black Jack looks fierce! Lovely shots.

SandyCarlson said...

I love the feathered dudes that you feature. I like your shoes a whole lot, too! Beautiful images.

Indrani said...

'Wet spring' that is the right word. I experienced it during this trip. :)
I like how you collect proofs. ;)

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful photos! I love that white camellia with the raindrops! The cat from next door has been killing something on my back patio at least twice a week. The other day it was a young rabbit. I am NOT happy!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019