Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, September 27, 2010

That's My World Tuesday: Cranes reflections and style mixes

Whenever I'm downtown in my city (Raleigh, NC) I find myself photographing some of the same things.
atuesmywor cranfedbld
Not sure why but cranes are one of the things I always photograph.
amyworld cenblsk
I liked to photograph reflections in buildings and I always like to photograph the Briggs Hardware building (the red one).
ATuesworld brigdnre
It was fun getting the reflection of the Briggs Hardware building in the glass of the modern building.
Atuesd myworanref
I also like to photograph the Briggs Hardware building in wide shots to get the more modern Wachovia building in the frame for contrast.
amyworldmixbld
The lighting isn't that great in the shot below but I thought I'd go for a mix of buildings in this post. The tall blue one below is the RBC plaza.
amyworlupdowtla
I guess I could get a better shot of the buildings below once the trees drop their leaves in the winter but I kind of like the soft look of the leaves. I took these shots at the end of this August.
amyworldmixfewb
I posted about the classic car show downtown for a my world post a few weeks ago. I took these building shots at the same time I was photographing the cars.
amyworld morecnsd
Click here for the home of That's My World Tuesday and visit participants from around the world.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself drawn to photographing cranes as well. I think it's that they form such interesting patterns against a blue sky.

Cezar and Léia said...

Your city is adorable and I love these pictures with so beautiful and perfect reflections.
Léia :)

Daryl said...

these are wonderful ....

Nicole said...

I always love the Glimpses into your world!
Awesome shots. My Favs are the ones that show the contrast between old and new :)

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

The different structures overhanging the street below in your first photo gives an interesting effect. I like your street shots of buildings and the mix of old and new.

Anonymous said...

I am the same way whenever I am in SF. I photograph the same things/spots over and over. My alibi is that the lighting is different this time around.

You captured some pretty neat reflections.

Indrani said...

Neat shots of the buildings and the cranes too.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots of your city. Nice to look at these towering skyscrapers and cranes.

Sylvia K said...

I always love your photos, Carver, regardless what they feature for the day! The cranes are always interesting to me, too. And you do get the best reflection shots. Always fun to visit your blog. Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

Raleigh is an interesting-looking city. I don't blame you for wanting to photograph the same things.

Maude Lynn said...

I love the reflection shots!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Carver: Neat captures as you traveled through your town. I have the same thing on the lake but sure enjoy doing it.

LifeRamblings said...

love all your captures. the reflections of the buildings are fabulous.

Barbara said...

I like to photography buildings as well, I like the photo of the Briggs Hardware building amongst the other buildings, also like the reflection.

genie said...

Your buildings, cranes, and reflections are really cool. I love cranes, too. When we go to Seattle to visit the middle son, I always take time to look at them...there are lots out there. The buildings, too, are a great mixture of architectural styles. I would love to see what you would come up with out there in the way of neat photographs..

Genie

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

Great photos and reflecti0n,im afraid to get near 0n such big metals just to take picture y0u are s0 brave en0ugh to capture th0se!
visit my waterfalls post

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Yes, I do like the reflections

Kay L. Davies said...

I love the hardware building. Especially in contrast with the modern buildings around it. It's gorgeous.

Kay
Alberta, Canada

kenju said...

You got some really good ones! I love Briggs too, and especially in contrast to the new buildings.

Jim said...

Good shots of the city.

Arija said...

Being drawn to cranes I think is handed down to us through the generations, they fix the eye like windmills of old in a landscape or tall ships in sail on the sea. Would the tale of Don Qixote ever have been told without the windmills?

Love the reflections.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019