Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, November 29, 2010

That's My World Tuesday: Autumn ending and winter beginning

I always know that we are heading towards winter when I begin to need to dump ice out of the bird baths in the morning.
Photobucket
I didn't realize it had stayed cold long enough to freeze the top of the bird bath but when I went to dump out the leaves I realized it was ice.
Photobucket
It's gets easier to photograph the birds as more and more of the leaves are falling off the trees.
Photobucket
I love the carpet of leaves on the ground as much as I like them when they first change on the trees.
Photobucket
There is still some color left but we are definitely heading towards winter now.
Photobucket
I'm amazed at how the bird can maneuver and fly through the many branches.
Photobucket
I like the bare branches so much. There's something very peaceful to me about them.
Photobucket
I've been taking so many photographs of the birds lately it's hard to choose which ones to use but I think I'll stop here.
Photobucket
Click here for the home of That's My World Tuesday.

21 comments:

Oman said...

wow, i love these photos but the carpet of leaves definitely is my favorite. the colors are just oozing. great job.

Naquillity said...

i agree with Lawstude about the carpet of red. by and far the best picture. that bird seems quite happy in the tree, doesn't it? lovely post. hope all is well. have a great day.

Cezar and Léia said...

Gorgeous birds and adorable colours in your pictures! :)
Léia

Rajesh said...

Amazing shots. The ground covered with colorful leaves is beautiful.

EG CameraGirl said...

But it still looks like fall to me. LOL

Sylvia K said...

I, too, agree with Lawstude regarding the carpet of red, it is a breathtaking capture. I also love the birds and the bare trees -- another side of autumn and lovely in their own way. Hope you have a great week! Stay warm!

Sylvia

Randi said...

Wow...the carpet is stunning! Love the colours. I miss autumn...winter came too soon. I have the feeling that we never got any autumn.
Stay warm!
Randi

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Mi piace molto l'effetto colorato e soffice delle foglie in terra.
Belle foto.
Buona serata :)
Myriam

Ebie said...

Hi Carver, I will come back tonight, can't see the pictures here at work.

Penelope Notes said...

I’ve noticed the same thing, Carver. The birds flitting between tightly knit bare branches show incredible talent in not getting their eyes poked out or their wings clipped. Smart!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful photographs Carver, I love the carpet of leaves

Indrani said...

The bare trees are a sight to see, not sure whether i am admiring them.

LivingSoAbundantly said...

I want to walk through those leaves and hear the crunch! Beautiful job!

SandyCarlson said...

Oh, those icy bird baths. I guess only Woodstock would appreciate the ice. These are lovely. I especially like the one with the red leaves on the ground.

Martha Z said...

Your're right, the birding is much better when the leaves are off the trees. That's one of the nice things about winter.

Kay L. Davies said...

That little bird is just too cute, but that carpet of red leaves is, as others have said, amazing!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Ebie said...

OMG! That frozen ice looks like a broken table glass top, and the leaves embossed.

The shadows created on the fallen leaves are just gorgeous!

BraCom said...

Beautiful My World Tuesday birds and autumn posting

Have a nice week,
Greetings, Bram

Link to My Word Tuesday post!

Seen on My World Tuesday

sunflowerkat said...

I'm glad you posted that first photo with the circle of ice. It's really different and shows what a creative eye you have.

Kat
http://inmydreamssfk.blogspot.com/

Rambling Woods said...

You're right..there is something peaceful about the trees and I hadn't thought of them as anything but bare... I had to plug in my heated bird baths a few weeks ago. So nice of your to provide water.... Michelle

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019