Translate

Blog Archive

Monday, November 8, 2010

That's My World Tuesday: Autumn walk at Shelley Lake


Friday afternoon I went on a walk, in part, because I had a feeling the reflections from the cloudy sky would be beautiful.
myworldreflfromdmshn
I also knew that Saturday would be rainy most of the day and that we might get a hard frost over the weekend.
myworldbrdgredfals
The fall color is still a work in progress. The NC piedmont where I live is always a few weeks behind the mountains.
myworldshtrlngskrd
Since the mountains were at peak color when we were there, I expected we would be reaching peak color around now.
myworldlrgvwcangssw
That hasn't turned out to be the case since the oak trees are only beginning to change colors.
myworldendbrdltscol
We do have a lot of fall color but since my city has so many oak trees, it's hard to consider our fall color at its peak until they change colors.
mywrldrefldmannovsh
I checked my photographs from past years and normally by now the oaks were much further along in terms of reaching or almost reaching their full color.
myworldprwswihlf
Even with only the beginning color in the oak trees it is still very beautiful.
myworldviewthrtrinflo
This time of year the coumorants stake out the piling left over from a removed dock for their perches.
myworldcoumepilz
I don't think they are at the lake in the summer or maybe I don't see them because the ducks are usually on the piling in the summer.
myworldlkstwdmcomr
I think the lake almost looks like it's frozen when shot at certain angles.
myworldlkkofrzatpl
I had to laugh at how the colorful jackets almost seemed to be part of the fall color.
myworldbridshelpnkld
I love the way the geese create interesting patterns in the water when they are swimming.
myworldtwocangsswk
The shot below is another example of how the lake almost looks frozen.
myworldlklksfzinov
I think this goose looks like he's standing on top of another goose who is standing on his head.
myworldcandgsrefup
I could go on and on because I took so many pictures but I think I'll leave it with one more.
mywordlreflsdprshtr
To visit other parts of the world, click for the home of That's My World Tuesday.

19 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

What a beautiful day there, sun, adorable critters, lovely landscape, the lake, the clouds...
The picture of the "romantic"couple of ducks is outstanding!
Hugs and a lovely week
Léia

Daryl said...

I wish our parks would have the fabulous colorful leaves you get ...

Indrani said...

Such beautiful captures... your shots are amazing.

Photo Cache said...

You certainly picked the right day to go out and photograph your world. We have started with our colors too, but we don't have too much to really change our landscape, still the ones we have are so very pretty to look at.

Have a lovely week.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful place. The fall colors and reflections in water are beautiful.

Sylvia K said...

You were right on about the reflections, Carver! Absolutely breathtaking! And your photos are superb! Love the ducks, the water, the leaves, the colors!!! I wish I were there! But your photos are the very next best thing! Have a wonderful week!

Sylvia

Penelope Notes said...

Your photos resemble paintings, Carver! The reflections in water are soft and soothing. It looks like your world is very tranquil, indeed. I look for patterns, too, and particularly enjoyed the goose in water standing on itself!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Foto magnifiche :)
Buona serata :)
Myriam

EG CameraGirl said...

Ah, it still looks quite green to me but it feels a lot like fall.

Martha Z said...

Beautiful shots, every one. I envy you this lovely place to walk. Colors late to change? I wonder if this is due to climate change and will it eventually over stress the trees.

BLOGitse said...

oh boy,
would you like to change - to live in Casa, Morocco? I would. Right now.

Kay L. Davies said...

What a beautiful walk at the lake. They're all beautiful but the one of that goose and his reflection is great!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Gunsside said...

Wow what a beautiful place -
a lot of great shots in lovely colors ;)
Thanks for shearing.

Al said...

You were right, the reflections with the clouds were great, so much better than a plain blue sky. That lake looks like a great place to spend a day.

Siromade said...

What a scenic beauty you got on your photos. I love the reflection of the sky on the water very clear. A sky from heaven to earth, very cool shots.

Unknown said...

magnificent images of autumn!

Ebie said...

Carver, what a lovely walk! Your photos are are lovely, the reflections are just mirror images! I wish we have this thick foliage like you do.

You were not disappointed and I was not, I enjoyed the walk with you.

Carolina Mountains said...

Lovely! I did think you would have more color - ours is long past. we are looking at bare trees.

Randi said...

Thank you Carver, for taking me on such a beautiful tour. Terrific captures as always!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019