Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our World Tuesday: Early August

I haven't seen many butterflies this summer.
ourworldDSCN0552
I was pleased when this pretty butterfly posed for me on my deck.
ourworldDSCN0579
I think the mockingbird in the next few shots is probably a juvenile.
ourworldDSCN0597
I wouldn't have thought it was immature from the shot below but the one above made me think it was immature because of it's chest.
ourworldDSCN0600 
We are continuing to have very pretty clouds.
ourworldDSCN0613
I can't believe that summer is almost over.
ourworldDSCN0530
The plants and trees are enjoying the mild summer and rain.
ourworldDSCN0505
There are some early signs that fall is around the corner.
ourworldDSCN0480
I like seeing the plants everywhere I go looking so lush.
ourworldDSCN0458
Last winter was extremely mild and summer has also been mild.
ourworldDSCN0457
No telling what is around the corner.
ourworldDSCN0434
Below is another sign of fall, earlier than usual.
ourworldDSCN0433
I like the way the cotton tail is easy to see on the rabbit below.
ourworldDSCN0383

12 comments:

Penelope Notes said...

Aww … I have never seen a shot quite like the one of the bird with skinny legs and long toes clinging to the birdbath. So adorable!

MastHoliday said...

Awesome shots!

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable set of images dear Carver, I'm enchanted by the butterfly!
So beautiful colors!
hugs and a nice week ahead,
Léia

Photo Cache said...

haven't been out in nature too much to notice butterflies this summer. you have wonderful shots of them.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots from nature.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That little mockingbird looks like he's wondering why he's there and what's going on.... your pictures are so so good -- every bird has a personality in your world!

I agree it's hard to believe it's almost Autumn...your lush late summer world is beautiful.

Unknown said...

What terrific captures, Carver!! I do love your skinny-legged bird and the beautiful butterfly! Delightful! Hope you have a wonderful week! Enjoy the summer while it lasts!!

Unknown said...

Great series, but the butterfly and the rabbit are my favourites!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

eileeninmd said...

Love the pretty butterfly and the cute Mocker. The bunny is adorable. Great shots, have a happy week!

Cynthia said...

Love the young mockingbird. He has that gangly teenage look.

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty butterfly!

I want summer to last a little longer though...

Jenn Jilks said...

What great photos! Well done.
Cheers from Cottage Country!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019