Translate

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 15, 2013

SkyWatch Friday: mid August skies

I like the way the sun looks like a spotlight shining through the trees as it goes down for the day.

skywatchDSCN0681
We are continuing with the daily parade of clouds.
skywatchDSCN0678
The evening I shot these photographs we got a great deal of rain.
skywatchDSCN0676 
 I wish the branch below hadn't interfered with the full view of the clouds.
skywatchDSCN0664
I'm looking forward to the bare branches of winter.
skywatchDSCN0655
I like trees at all stages but there is something particularly beautiful about bare branches against the sky.
skywatchDSCN0651
Usually I think of September and late August as the time we get the best clouds.
skywatchDSCN0645
Since the whole summer has been full of beautiful clouds I'll be surprised if they can get any better.
skywatchDSCN0618
When I was a child we always took a family trip to the beach in August.
skywatchDSCN0612
I can remember riding home from the beach as a child and being mesmerized by the beautiful cloud formations.
skywatchDSCN0610
I've never outgrown my love of spotting fanciful worlds within clouds.
skywatchDSCN0536
I can recall spotting castles and dinosaurs.
skywatchDSCN0535
I can almost remember exactly how some of those clouds looked.
skywatchDSCN0532
The clouds we've had this week haven't reminded me of specific creatures or structures. 
skywatchDSCN0531
Recently I've been struck by the textures in the sky.
skywatchDSCN0527
I've also been noticing the depth and degrees of light.
skywatchDSCN0526

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely skies!

Steffi said...

Very beautiful photos and skies,Carver!Have a nice weekend!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful post! I too was born a skywatcher and still remember those childhood cloud dreams and images.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, moody skies and great captures as always, Carver!! I love the sun peeking though the clouds in the first shot! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Photo Cache said...

looking at your clouds i realized how much i missed skywatching the way i used to.

have a good day.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful views of the sky. Nice variety.

Jim said...

Wonderful clouds

Alexander said...

Beautiful cloud formations captured.

Have a good weekend.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Karen said...

Great shots. I am still mesmerized by clouds!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photography of beautiful skies and love the contrast of the trees and clouds ~ thanks, carol, xo

Bev said...

So beautiful...!!

Ercotravels said...

Wow, what the varieties of the clouds.

Laura said...

Oh so beautiful!!! When we were up in the mountains, my husband and I played the cloud game and found many interesting figures up in the sky!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty captures of the puffy clouds, they are beautiful. And the first shot is my favorite. Have a happy weekend, Carver!

Indrani said...

Beautiful skies and the white cotton puffs are lovely!

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019