Translate

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Our World Tuesday: Two different walks

Sunday morning was pleasantly cool and perfect for a walk around Shelley Lake (Raleigh, NC).
ourworldDSCN1178
It's nice to have a weekend day so well suited for walking.
ourworldDSCN1194
Especially since we had some pretty hot days earlier in the week.
ourworldDSCN1203
The rest of the shots are from a lunch hour walk on Friday in Durham, NC.
ourworldDSCN1061
It was too hot to walk mid day Friday but since I took it slow, photographing along the way, it wasn't too bad.
ourworldDSCN1074
I preferred walking outside to sitting inside waiting for the meeting to resume.
ourworldDSCN1083
I usually work from home and when I go to Durham it's because the work I'm doing involves other people.
ourworldDSCN1096
Friday everyone decided to break around 12:15 and resume the work at 1:30 so I didn't feel like sitting inside for that long of a break.
ourworldDSCN1099
I like this fanciful mural on the back of a building I walked past.
ourworldDSCN1101
There are so many different parts to it but they all tie together.
ourworldDSCN1111
I think it would be difficult to paint on the bricks.
ourworldDSCN1116
I wonder how long it would take to complete a work like this.
ourworldDSCN1119
It takes a long time to paint a building in one color with big rollers so it always amazes me how murals are done.
ourworldDSCN1123
I like the mix of styles in buildings that usually make up downtown streets.
ourworldDSCN1125
I always notice the different styles in downtown Raleigh and that's equally true in Durham.
ourworldDSCN1129
I like the stone walls and tile roofs used in many of the churches in the area.
ourworldDSCN1132
If I hadn't brought my lunch I would have been tempted by some of the food signs.
ourworldDSCN1134
I enjoyed the walk but was so hot that it was a relief when I got close to my office again.
ourworldDSCN1139
I think the sign below may be a play on the fact that the city farmer's market is located in the pavilion which is visible, although the farmers only set up there two days a week.
ourworldDSCN1140
I'm not sure what that structure is on the building below. I'll have to remember to check it out when I'm working in Durham next.
ourworldDSCN1143
There is sand in the feature below for children to play with.
ourworldDSCN1150
I finally walked through Grace Garden to make it back to work.
ourworldDSCN1157

18 comments:

History behind the Karla Caves by Swati Singh said...

Nice pictures :)

Photo Cache said...

it seems that you covered a lot of area in the lunchtime walk of yours.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lots of walking on a hot lunch hour; but I still remember long meetings ... and needing a break!!! Many thanks for sharing both walks. Your posts always make me feel as if I've been walking along with you.

Unknown said...

I always like those murals!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Sylvia K said...

You made great use of the time that you had, Carver, and what a lovely place to walk!! Wonderful captures! I would have enjoyed walking there, too! Hope you have a great week!

Linda Kittmer said...

I love that first shot of the tree lined road. It looks like you had a great adventure!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots from your world. Like that wall art.

EG CameraGirl said...

You saw ALL THAT at lunchtime? WOW! You work in a lovely area.

Fun60 said...

The murals look so interesting as did your lunchtime walk.

Penelope Notes said...

So much more fun to go for a walk. I like the mural and also wonder how difficult it would have been to paint over the uneven surface of bricks. The butterflies worked out really well, as did the eagle.

Barb said...

You made the right choice to go for a walk, even in the heat. I enjoyed the architectural photos and the mural was fantastic.

Molly said...

I love street art and murals. It is something I love about being in Philiy that it is everywhere as opposed to London which is really lacking in the stuff

Mollyxxx

Anonymous said...

Those murals are lovely as are the stone walls.

Indrani said...

Absolutely soothing skies! I loved the wall paintings.

Ercotravels said...

What the wonderful varieties of the pictures taken by you. all looking beautiful, specially murals...

Snap said...

Looks like a wonderful place to walk. I miss my daily walk, but it is just too hot here and doesn't look the temp will be breaking anytime soon. A walk is a great way to take a break ... especially from a meeting. Love the mural and the different architectural styles you shared.

lissa said...

the wall paintings are amazing, I like seeing these on the streets, it somehow makes buildings more welcoming

hope you have a sweet day.

betty-NZ said...

Great series of shots. Love the mural! Glad the weather is getting better.

Labels

Add to Technorati Favorites
Photographs on this site are by Carver © 2006 - 2019